HARD STARTING LJ78 Prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I think i'm going to check my glow plugs one last time to make sure they are ok.
Then I'll Wilson it.
If my problem still persists I think I'll Start looking at the fuel system again..
Thanks for the info canucksafari and Wayne thanks for the offer.
Hey Wayne when Are you coming to Ontario?...:)

Last edited:
i am coming down for 6 weeks in sept/oct again mid winter and final move is May next year...

Cool
So this time next year you'll be here..
Well maybe we'll hook up an finally meet.

OK I have checked the new plugs I put in a while back and the all tested fine.. I also checked with a voltmeter to be sure the glow system was not working correctly. Only worked on full glow portion of cycle.
So I installed the Wilson Switch.
I tapped into the Main Glow plug relay and switch it on and off with a momentary push button switch which is fused.

I have 2 more questions - Can I unplug the secondary glowplug relay and forget it?
And
Seeing as how my original problem still persists is there something that should work like a choke on this diesel 2l-te ? besides the aux throtle up knob.
Something on the intake manifold to look at? Something electrical or????

OK.. will disconnect that tonight.
Thanks Wayne:D

any one else
re- my original problem still persists is there something that should work like a choke on this diesel 2l-te ? besides the aux throtle up knob.
Something on the intake manifold to look at? Something electrical or????

Boy what a learning curve:confused:

OK that relay has been disconnected.
The entire Glow system is now controlled by the Wilson switch.

The other issue I found was a lose plunger section on the fuel filter, it had backed off so that when you primed it it leaked around it's edges. I turned it tight and it no longer leaks.

So I have fixed a couple of issues I really didn't know I had in the pursuit of that original 1st hard start of the day issue.

And still have the original issue .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom