Hard lines from carb to charcoal canister, replace with tubing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, there are two hard lines that run along the firewall; one from the carb to the charcoal canister and one from some valve on the drivers fender to the charcoal canister. I think one of these connects to some valve on the charcoal canister; can't remember which one.

Anyway, I have an aqualu cowl and was thinking of eliminating these two hard lines and just running tubing the entire way, since the hard lines don't follow the contour of the new cowl, plus clean up the firewall a bit.

Anyone have thoughts on this? good/bad?

Thanks!

What year and model vehicle are we discussing here?
Pics are usually helpful too...

Hi all, there are two hard lines that run along the firewall; one from the carb to the charcoal canister and one from some valve on the drivers fender to the charcoal canister. I think one of these connects to some valve on the charcoal canister; can't remember which one.

Anyway, I have an aqualu cowl and was thinking of eliminating these two hard lines and just running tubing the entire way, since the hard lines don't follow the contour of the new cowl, plus clean up the firewall a bit.

Anyone have thoughts on this? good/bad?

Thanks!

If you're talking about an '81 (as your forum name suggests), then those hard lines for the charcoal canister are not high-pressure lines, they only have to hold manifold vacuum for the canister to function properly, so I imagine that a good-qulaity reinforced fuel line would work just fine.

What year and model vehicle are we discussing here?
Pics are usually helpful too...
1981. I've attached a photo with red arrows showing the two hard lines. Just saw the second post; I figured this was the case.

Thanks for the help!

20191220_141958.jpg

Concur with 1911, a temp-resistant fuel line should work just fine.

Go to the parts store and buy some long metal 5/16 inch fuel/brake line. Cut the flare off the ends and throw the SAE nuts out and make a new hard line. I use one of those cheap benders you get from the bargain bin, makes nice hard lines. Rubber line will just look droopy going that far over the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom