Hard Line Brake Question--- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
96 LC and my hard line on the driver side about 3/4 way back has corroded through. A couple questions, should I just replace with OEM, also any advise on tackling the project? I have searched through the threads and their really wasn't any pertinent info pertaining to replacing. Thanks in advance!!

I would just do oem then pull the line, try keep your master full, you could pinch the soft line if there is one leading to the hard line but that could damage the soft line.

OEM; pre-bent just so and reasonably priced.

I just made my own. It's a good time to remove the LVSP thing as well.

25ft of brake line was ~ $20
Ends were reused or $7 each(x2)
Hobofreight double flaring tool was ~$15.

If you make the replacement brake line yourself, and have never made a double lap seam flair before, and since this is a MAJOR safety item. I highly suggest you practice a few times on some scrap pieces before you try to make the line your planing on installing on your truck. Because if you don't make that flair right, and the fluid leaks out of the brake line, you may end up using your front end sheet metal to help you stop.

If you make the replacement brake line yourself, and have never made a double lap seam flair before, and since this is a MAJOR safety item. I highly suggest you practice a few times on some scrap pieces before you try to make the line your planing on installing on your truck. Because if you don't make that flair right, and the fluid leaks out of the brake line, you may end up using your front end sheet metal to help you stop.

Thank you for the note—I have no interest in doing it that way but appreciate the idea—I am just going with all OEM hard lines and doing my axle to caliper lines while I do do rotors and brakes...just never seen any info on this, also finding the OEM lines has been a bit of a challenge as well

Thank you for the note—I have no interest in doing it that way but appreciate the idea—I am just going with all OEM hard lines and doing my axle to caliper lines while I do do rotors and brakes...just never seen any info on this, also finding the OEM lines has been a bit of a challenge as well

Check all lines, you may have another waiting to burst, I have had it happen, to avoid that sheet metal brake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom