Hard brake lines and proportioning valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced the rusted dust shields on the back of a 1991 JDM HDJ81 in November last year. I had trouble with the hard lines for brakes and I used the rubber lines to rotate as the copper ones were just corroded. I have seen the "manifold" where they all go, or is it the proportioning valve?? It is rusty and wanted to replace all these line with new and switch out the valve. Any luck using a tool and dong this DIY? its an easy job but wanna know if anyone know what tools are best to use??
Pic is the rust dust shield.

This is the

Rear Brake Load Sensing Valve - Rear Brake Load Sensing Valve - 80 Series - https://www.roughtrax4x4.com/toyota-4x4-parts/brakes/rear-brake-load-sensing-valve-80-series.html

This is the one that is rusty underneath.

tempImageTOptaj.png

vice grips

New rear hard brake lines cost me about 110 a piece at the dealership. A new LSPV runs around 90 on partsouq. I had the dealership install the brake lines for me but I wish I would have done it myself. If you're going to swap the LSPV, start spraying it down with some penetrating oil. The bolts have a tendency to brake when trying to remove them.

I would like a recommendation on a good flaring tool also. I have to replace all the lines on my mini truck so looking to do it DIY also.

I picked up an Eastwood tool a few years ago for a project, Used it on several projects (Lotus 7 replica, MEV Rocket) and it worked very well and consistently created good flairs.
Not that cheap, but for a lot of flairs, no frustration at all.
Eastwood Brake Flaring Tool

I picked up an Eastwood tool a few years ago for a project, Used it on several projects (Lotus 7 replica, MEV Rocket) and it worked very well and consistently created good flairs.
Not that cheap, but for a lot of flairs, no frustration at all.
Eastwood Brake Flaring Tool
so do you just mount that to a vice? and that worked well with metric fittings etc?

Yes, in a vice. the Link shows Includes Pro forming tool; 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" and 4.75mm tube-retaining dies, so yes it includes metric.
I am not sure of the flare used by Toyota. An expert can probably tell us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom