Harbor Freight Fixture Table (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads

Ok, clearly not a Siegmund or Strong Hand, but Harbor Freight is really upping their game lately.

The big table that he put together makes less sense to me. You're going to compound any accuracy issues the larger you go. But (like he says) I can see getting one or two and having the option to bolt them together or separate them for storage. I wouldn't be fabricating a chassis on them, but I could see the advantages of building sliders and bumpers and such on them.

It looks similar to the Klutch table offered by Northern Tools (but I don't have a Northern anywhere close to me): https://www.northerntool.com/produc...h-tool-kit-36in-l-x-24in-w-x-33-1-4in-h-61158

Interestingly, despite the video saying "officially launched" this has been about the only thing I've been able to find on it. HF's "new tools" doesn't mention it: New Tools - Harbor Freight Tools

And there is a reddit post on it, but the poster seems to have deleted their posts: Reddit

He has some more video on his Instagram:

Aluminum pegboard? Still, I like for what it is. Could be handy for small stuff that didn't require much precision. And, it could be slid against the wall, behind the workbench when not in use.

I have the Northern tool version of this. Its mild steel pegboard and not perfectly flat. That being said, ive tigged up 5 full 304 stainless exhaust systems on it from scratch, built 5 bumpers on it, and done all sorts of stuff with it. For the at home welder it works great. Its not the best table out there but for the money its pretty nice.

The one issue with these tables is there is a hoizontal bar going across where your legs would go if you were to sit at the table. My current Northern tool welding table legs are actually in the trash. I cut the flat surface off of it and welded it to my shop bench and made it into a little welding corner. Wouldnt hesitate to go with it again though.

does the new HF one have an aluminum table top though? That would get really hot really quickly

Aluminum pegboard?

HF: "Engineered precision-ground 4mm flat steel surface is built to handle tough jobs"

I cut the flat surface off of it and welded it to my shop bench and made it into a little welding corner.

HF: "It also converts to a benchtop table for use on existing surfaces, making it ideal for shop or field use."

HF: "Engineered precision-ground 4mm flat steel surface is built to handle tough jobs"

HF: "It also converts to a benchtop table for use on existing surfaces, making it ideal for shop or field use."
Yeah the Northern tool does that too. They’re basically the same thing. It means that you can use it as a table or a little baby table that’s like 6 inches tall

I cut it off and hot glued it to my shop bench for smaller tig projects.

IMG_2874.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom