Hand held electric sander (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've used one that looked very similar to that. I think it was called "the mouse", and it worked well.

the type of sander just depends on what your sanding. I think it's nice to have one of each, belt, finish, random orbit, etc...

I've used one that looked very similar to that. I think it was called "the mouse", and it worked well.

the type of sander just depends on what your sanding. I think it's nice to have one of each, belt, finish, random orbit, etc...

That's exactly why I was thinking about the B&D 4 in 1.

Go to the depot and get a ridgid random orbital, much better quality and uses standard paper, the paper for the mouse is expensive since it is proprietary

Go to the depot and get a ridgid random orbital, much better quality and uses standard paper, the paper for the mouse is expensive since it is proprietary

x2 on the $$. Sanders seem to be like computer printers. It's the consumables that kick you in the wallet not the tool.

I have really like my Makita Palm Sander and you do not have to buy special paper. The problem with the Mouse and those others is you have to buy the specially made pads and paper.

bo4552k.jpg

Like the Makita palm sander too. I've had mine FOREVER. Dropped it too many times to count and abused it in just about every way imaginable. It still works as well as the day I got it - used in good condition BTW. I've had to replace one clamp and the pad could be replaced now but I could go another year or more and not bitch too much the job it does.

I use a Rigid orbital sander all the time and it's pretty nice. Round disc, can't really get into tight spots but less gouging. Rigid has good warranties as well.

I prefer a D/A sander to an old fasioned palm sander . The one I use is a Porter-Cable I think. It has round pads that velco on with 5 holes in the middle of the pad for the dust collection feature. I don't know about the extra expense for the sand paper as I don't pay for it:D I will say that the ability to switch pads in about 5 seconds would be worth quite a bit extra compared to cutting sheets dealing with the latches on a normal palm sander. Let me see if I can find a pic. This is a newer version:
20060626121120_343K_72dpi_500.jpg

The Black and Decker's mouse sander works like a champ. I was really impressed and shocked that they work so well. I use it for finishing work and molding wood putty or edges on miter cuts. Very impressed and would recommend to anyone.
http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/CategoryOverview.aspx?cPath=2516.2518
Black and Decker is usually a budget tool, but this thing rocks.

Sure it takes speciality paper, but it is cheap and is good quality. I actually like it better when it is premade. Saves some time in switching out. I put wainescoating up in my entire house (3 bed, 2 bath, living and family room), chair rails and base boards along with decorative door molding and crown molding. Only used one assorted pack of paper and one medium pack for the entire job. Worth every penny but I don't need to do a lot of finish work as most cuts and angles were dead on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom