HAMOM - Saturday July 13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bama4door

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I know a lot of guys need some stuff done on their cruisers either for maintenance or trying to get ready for HIH9. So far, we have 3 rear spring swaps that need to be done (myself, @booradley @bamabrock) and I know @fletch301 may need some help getting his fridge and slide setup.

I suggest we do it Saturday morning to beat the heat. We can also shoot for Sunday depending on everybody's schedules.

Thoughts?

I could be in to help hands

I can do it this weekend.

I know a lot of guys need some stuff done on their cruisers either for maintenance or trying to get ready for HIH9. So far, we have 3 rear spring swaps that need to be done (myself, @booradley @bamabrock) and I know @fletch301 may need some help getting his fridge and slide setup.

I suggest we do it Saturday morning to beat the heat. We can also shoot for Sunday depending on everybody's schedules.

Thoughts?
I'm down. I spent 13 hours last Saturday removing drawers and everything to start with a clean slate, rewired the winch and rigid cubes, and went through my camp setup as much as possible to the essentials because I'm not taking the trailer this year.

I need to swap springs, hook up techstream to adjust AHC values after swap, then run power to rear blue sea fuse block, wire up CB and GMRS units, and mount rear antenna.

I'm down. I spent 13 hours last Saturday removing drawers and everything to start with a clean slate, rewired the winch and rigid cubes, and went through my camp setup as much as possible to the essentials because I'm not taking the trailer this year.

I need to swap springs, hook up techstream to adjust AHC values after swap, then run power to rear blue sea fuse block, wire up CB and GMRS units, and mount rear antenna.
I meant to ask you what you spent 13 hours doing, that's quite the list!!

Have you used TechStream before, I didn't know you had it? I don't have it, but if I could borrow it after we swap springs that would be awesome.

I meant to ask you what you spent 13 hours doing, that's quite the list!!

Have you used TechStream before, I didn't know you had it? I don't have it, but if I could borrow it after we swap springs that would be awesome.
From 6am to 7pm with a few small breaks. I'm a few years removed from working in the our hayfields and not used to the heat that long, so I had to keep pounding water all day.

I couldn't get techstream to work on my old dell netbook with the xp, but it works fine on my work laptop with windows 7 following the instructions in the thread. How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes

This post is the best one to describe fine tuning AHC. Definitive list of AHC maintenance items

Just taking mine down from 8.8 to 7.4 MPa made a big difference. Target front pressure is 6.8 - 6.9 MPa and target rear pressure is in the range of 5.6 - 6.7 MPa. I used a paint pen and marked the torsion bar adjuster bolts. Each turn raises/lowers the pressure by 0.2 MPa. I needed 3 more turns to get the front to a perfect 6.9 but I want to wait until the new springs are in with a few hundred pounds of stuff in the back, then cycle it a few times before dialing it in.

I'll bring the cable and laptop with me and we'll dial yours in now that you removed the front bumper and are changing the springs. Probably need to have it loaded down like you normally would and maybe have some spacers on hand if anyone has any if we need to get the rear pressure down.

After a few turns:
65971418_357633214909271_3506354654130733056_n.jpg

Before adjustments:
66408974_719797381824375_4727330753061322752_n.jpg

Last edited:
Do I need to open my carport and/or driveway???
Flat, PLENTY of space and any tool you'd need, including a Hobart Welder now!
I'll prolly work on my sliders while pointing at y'all!

I'm down to lend a hand. I'm getting so damn burned out studying for the DAT.

If I wasn't traveling for work I would definitely join you guys. It's the one time of the year I have to travel on the weekend for work. I spent all this past weekend in the shop installing a snorkel and replacing an oil pump gasket. I wasn't able to make the last club meeting due to work as well. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.
Oil gasket 1.jpg

snorkel 3.jpg

If I wasn't traveling for work I would definitely join you guys. It's the one time of the year I have to travel on the weekend for work. I spent all this past weekend in the shop installing a snorkel and replacing an oil pump gasket. I wasn't able to make the last club meeting due to work as well. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.
View attachment 2024809
View attachment 2024810
Snorkel looks good! And no worries on missing this one, we’ll have a bunch of other stuff setup in the next few months as a club you can join.

I like Saturday morning! Let’s beat the rain showers that are being called for and seem to pop up every afternoon!

I’ll have the crawler outta the carport and music and tools ready! Bring your tools and coolers and anything else you might need! But I bet I have it to borrow if you need it.

Sounds good to me. I've installed new fridge slide on top of drawers, but haven't done wiring for fridge yet or several other items I wanted to get done (re-foam sub speaker, run wire for phone charger up front, install new AC condenser gasket, etc.). I'll come out to lend a hand and get help with wiring up the fridge and save the other stuff for the afternoon in the garage. I'll bring my copy of Techstream as well.

What all do we need to prep for:

3 rear spring swaps
2 AHC adjustments
1 LC TB adjustment

CB install and tunings

What else?

Last edited:
What all do we need to prep for:

3 rear spring swaps
2 AHC adjustments
1 LC TB adjustment

CB install and tunings

What else?
I think that's everything. Bring jacks and jack stands if you have them.

See everyone at Eric's @ 8-8:30am tomorrow morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom