HAMOM 7/14-7/16 FJ60 build, parts clean out. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude, no I'm not. Every rear spring I've had in the front of moonshine is centered, the whole setup is designed around it.

Edit. Never mind, I'm an idiot, or losing my mind. I just measured moonshine and it's definitely offset.

What is wrong with me, lol.

Glad you caught it before I pulled a dozen pairs of springs off the rack lol

I've made a lot of progress in the last couple weeks and have not had the time to update this. Pretty much been working on it every day until about 10:30. So I'm just going to dump a bunch of photos.

IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1236.jpeg

Sliders have been shortened to fit, painted and one is welded on. I bought these a few years ago for an extended cab mini truck that I sold before installing the sliders. I ran out of argon/co2 and the welding supply store was closed. I'll have to finish the second one later this week.

Last edited:
IMG_1252.jpeg
IMG_1255.jpeg
IMG_1256.jpeg
IMG_1262.jpeg

Gutted the interior of the silver 60 and swapped everything over the white one. There are a lot of wired, bolts and screws, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Last edited:
IMG_1254.jpeg
IMG_1261.jpeg

Although I thought about it a little, I never really planned to do anything different with the brake system, until I discovered this. The PO evidently "customized" the firewall to fit a brake booster off something else. I wasn't really up for doing the same to the white 60, so I bought a 80 series booster and master. Bolted right up with no customizing required.

Last edited:
View attachment 3365199

Also, a picture of the upstairs that needs to be cleaned out in a few weeks. If you want some 80 series body parts, I know a guy.
I know a guy here in Roanoke looking for some exterior handles

I really need an overhead beam...I've got nothing to hang my trolley and chainfall on.

I never knew I needed one until I had this one. Now I want one that travels on 2 perpendicular beams so I can lift things anywhere in the shop.

I never knew I needed one until I had this one. Now I want one that travels on 2 perpendicular beams so I can lift things anywhere in the shop.
Much easier to say "bridge crane". A gantry crane is a decent stand in for a bridge crane, and easier to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom