HAD to do it! Had to buy a BJ74 and two BJ73s! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
Went a little crazy this month and bought two BJ73s and a BJ74 from Oz. Both 73s are 1985, both H55F, one with aftermarket turbo (white one). Woot! Top off for one and who knows on the other!

BJ74 is a 1986, factory 13B-T of course and in need of fender flares! Going to be fun to build these up and wheel them!

More details to follow once they arrive.

Here's the white turbo-equipped BJ73.
SDC11423.jpg
SDC11425.jpg
SDC11426.jpg

Red BJ73

Non-turbo, non-A/C BJ73 from NSW.
11470057.jpg
11470076.jpg
11470096.jpg

BJ74

BJ74 with slushbox and 13B-T, factory rear LSD, LX model with electric windows, A/C, etc.
8212315.jpg
8212327.jpg
8212345.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah! Can't wait! The white truck is the question mark, described as a beater, but I did get a helluva deal for it, so we'll see.

Note the radiator hose lower left unattached...hmmm?? A little nervous about that!
SDC11426.jpg

WOW:clap Great looking rigs....

Sorry I did not get back to you Dave, we are doing a diesel install and its keeping me and the guys quite busy.

The little BJ73 I thought was a 1985, turned out to be a 1988.

Good luck with your new rigs.....

Rob

Thanks Rob! Cheers! And Wayne, wot is that thing, then?

its a water drain / baffle thingie for the stock intake air tube . Mine was removed when I put my snorkel one some time ago

Plenty of room for a intercooler on the white 73, maybe with hood scoop? Yea it's the air intake baffle thingy.

Ah cool! Thanks!

Intercooler: not a bad idea:idea:

and there is your answer...
you can relax now, no worries there M8.

chat later. shortening a 74 series hardtop to fit onto my soft top SWB 70.
cheers

Cool looking rigs, Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing how the builds progress on these rigs, and participating too!

Lot's of fun to be had there and plenty more of them where they came from. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom