Had a little incident with the 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well guys, I just got the 40 back on the road after swapping in a 3B/H55 and then this happened yesterday morning on the way home from TSC.
IMG_20200403_110044.jpg

Fortunately, no one was injured. My youngest daughter was with me, she had asked to go with me and specifically that we take the 40.

I'm not sure how bad insurance is going to try to screw me, but I'm sure they will. I have a few extra parts that I can use for a rebuild, but if anyone know of a decent tub or whole truck or anything else, keep me in mind.
IMG_20200403_112216.jpg

IMG_20200403_112223.jpg

Wow. What caused the accident? Steering issue?

Jeebus, man soo glad you guys are ok. That looks like a pretty wicked accident.

I know the truck has been a lot of work getting back together, but it can be replaced/repaired, you and that girl are not so easily replace.

Hey, when the dust settles and you get a game plan, let me know. I will see what I have stashed around

Jeebus, man soo glad you guys are ok. That looks like a pretty wicked accident.

I know the truck has been a lot of work getting back together, but it can be replaced/repaired, you and that girl are not so easily replace.
Thanks, we were definitely lucky to get out with just a few scratches. Elsie, didn't even cry, she was more concerned about why I didn't unbuckle her first and get her down. Apparently, 8 year olds don't understand gravity that well. From the time the guy pulled out in front of us, to the time we crashed seemed like it was in slow motion. I was told by the Trooper that wrote up the accident report a homeowner caught everything on his security camera, I haven't seen it yet.

I'll let you know about parts, too.

Dang, Kevin. So glad you and she are okay! My 40 build is completely stalled - may be interested in letting it go, or in letting go some of my stash of parts.

Dang, Kevin. So glad you and she are okay! My 40 build is completely stalled - may be interested in letting it go, or in letting go some of my stash of parts.
Kev so sorry to hear about this, but just glad you and your daughter are ok! I know you put in a ton of work on that 3b/h55 swap too.
Thanks, guys. I'm amazed and thankful we didn't get hurt. Elsie has been up to her usual antics, so she seems to be unphased by the accident. Fortunately the 3B seems to be fine other than the oil cap coming off and draining all the oil while it was upside down. Dan and I are going to give it a thorough check today.

Thanks, guys. I'm amazed and thankful we didn't get hurt. Elsie has been up to her usual antics, so she seems to be unphased by the accident. Fortunately the 3B seems to be fine other than the oil cap coming off and draining all the oil while it was upside down. Dan and I are going to give it a thorough check today.
Good to hear! As far as body, it looks like hard top , windshield and doors took most of the hit. How is the rest of the body? Is the plan just to replace body parts and keep driving it?

Good to hear! As far as body, it looks like hard top , windshield and doors took most of the hit. How is the rest of the body? Is the plan just to replace body parts and keep driving it?
The DS B pillar is moved over a few inches. I could probably replace the windshield frame and find a roll cage and drive it for the summer.

The claims adjuster finally made it out to the house today. He took a lot of pictures and said it would probably take them a little longer than normal to pull comps before he gets back with me. I did give him about $14k in receipts, so we will see what he comes back with.

Who do you have the policy thru? I'm going to be curious how the claim goes. Please keep us updated.

It's with Erie Insurance, so far they have been easy to deal with. That may change when they come back with their valuation.

Good news. May the tides be in your favor.

The claims adjuster finally made it out to the house today. He took a lot of pictures and said it would probably take them a little longer than normal to pull comps before he gets back with me. I did give him about $14k in receipts, so we will see what he comes back with.

Well fellas, I got an email from the insurance with a settlement offer that is more than fair for my 40. So, I am on the hunt.

I'm keeping my 40, but if the right Cruiser came along I'd be interested in buying a complete rig and swapping my drive line underneath it. Mainly I'm looking for a solid rust free/minimal rust tub with a good patina. Also, I'd like it to be 78 or older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom