GX550 & LC250 Tracking Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

(Now if a 70 series has a useful life of 30 years, that means 10 3 year leases plus residual value for the dealer. That’s a whole lot better than standard sales margin and a measly market adjustment fee.)

“You will own no 70 series, and you will be happy!”
I doubt that. I strongly suspect that they will let leaseholders buy the vehicle once the lease is up. At that point it will be a 3-year-old vehicle and won’t be as flippable.

There's hope for those not wanting a moonroof. Still undecided myself, but good to see Lexus building some Overtrail Minus models sans moonroof. I thought it'd be a unicorn to find. Of course some bloatware like Traffic jam assist and dealer BS protection, but maybe Lexus is going to crank out a decent amount of Overtrails.

Screenshot gx 142.png

Where are you seeing this info?
Local dealer in MS has already received a couple, I’m waiting for the first OT+. They did say they weren’t going to start optioning the no moon roof till later in the year.

There's hope for those not wanting a moonroof. Still undecided myself, but good to see Lexus building some Overtrail Minus models sans moonroof. I thought it'd be a unicorn to find. Of course some bloatware like Traffic jam assist and dealer BS protection, but maybe Lexus is going to crank out a decent amount of Overtrails.

View attachment 3576924
Just got notice of my overtrail sans moonroof. Very happy with my allocation. Dealers says production date is 4/2. Hits Los Angeles 4/18. So i should be driving early May. Super pumped.

Just got notice of my overtrail sans moonroof. Very happy with my allocation. Dealers says production date is 4/2. Hits Los Angeles 4/18. So i should be driving early May. Super pumped.
Congrats!

First Edition LC's incoming! I put an early deposit down on both LC and GX. I'm in the first 10 for LC and first 100 for GX at Longo. They called me today (3/24) to offer this one.

Minimal port options @ $439 (door edge guard and wheel locks).

For me at the FE price point I like the GX OT+ more and have passed on this one. Keeping my name on list for LC 1958, LC Trim, GX OT and OT+.

Somebody is getting an LC FE. Enjoy the daylights out of it.

Attachments

• Vspec_LAND CRUISER_JTEABFAJ9R112AS17.pdf
    145.3 KB · Views: 121
Both dealers in my area are still pretty clueless, supposedly one of the dealers has a meeting next week to discuss launch... No timing or dates, or info on what they may get allocated.

Both dealers in my area are still pretty clueless, supposedly one of the dealers has a meeting next week to discuss launch... No timing or dates, or info on what they may get allocated.
Sounds like you’re in the Gulf States dealer network. I called 3 of my local dealers yesterday and more or less got similar responses. Apparently GST dealers haven’t even been given their allocations yet.

I did finally add my name to a wait list at Sewell this week for the GX but I am so far down I was told not to expect my name to be called until late this year, more likely into early 2025.

Also noticed that these US-bound specimens are sporting the Michelin LTX Trails. A step up from the Dunlop Grandtreks IMHO, but was hoping to see a more aggressive trail tire, similar to the Toyos on the GX.

Seems like my other post was deleted as I linked the images rather than uploading them, sorry.

Looks like someone managed to snap some pics of one of the LC250s that came off the Highway Green @ PDX last week.

Interesting note is that the foglamps and some of the accessories that come standard on the FE are not installed from the factory. On the fogs, this was most likely a cost thing, as all Rigid LEDs are made in NA (Arizona or Mexico). It was probably cheaper for Toyota to install them at the port rather than ship them across the Pacific and install them at the factory. They probably have a harness pre-wired from the factory, and just snap in the LEDs at the port. This also leads me to believe that some of the other accessories, like the roof rack and side rails, will be identical to the port-installed options you'll be able to find on other trims and won't have any FE-specific logos like the mudflaps do.

It appears that this is #167. It's a bit blurry, but you can see in one of the pictures, a tag hanging from the rear-view mirror that has the VIN on it. It clearly starts with R5 (R for 2024, 5 for Tahara), followed by the last 6. Given all of the dealers that already have VINs available on their websites, I'm thinking that all of the US-bound FE's will most likely be R5000001 to R5005000. But it's possible that they get mixed up with other countries as well.

ezgif-4-5f5fdff2de.jpg

ezgif-4-f6f1715d42.jpg

I called the local Lexus dealer asking about waitlist, and either the sales person can't answer straight (likely) or they don't have one. All she would tell me was that they sold all 25 May allocations and were expecting more and they were urging a deposit. They said they have a demo overtrail coming in in April that they'd be happy to let me drive so I'll talk to them further then.

I'm on the wait list for LC250 premium but if a reasonable overtrail came in in Nori I think I'd fold.

I called the local Lexus dealer asking about waitlist, and either the sales person can't answer straight (likely) or they don't have one. All she would tell me was that they sold all 25 May allocations and were expecting more and they were urging a deposit. They said they have a demo overtrail coming in in April that they'd be happy to let me drive so I'll talk to them further then.

I'm on the wait list for LC250 premium but if a reasonable overtrail came in in Nori I think I'd fold.

I ended up placing a deposit on both the GX and LC250 as soon as they were respectively announced. Per both dealers, I was first in line at each dealership, and at the time of placing my deposits (each dealer wanted $1K), they promised me MSRP.

The Lexus dealership sent me an email first, earlier this month, saying that I had their first allocation and sent me over the spec sheet (GX OT+). Included in the standard Lexus build sheet, they literally pasted an extra "protection package" for around $6K. So I just cleverly responded and told them I'd take the allocation, but was not interested in the protection package, as typically, I go through my own guys for PPF and the like. Anyways, they responded back a few days later and told me it wasn't optional, even though I had emails stating that they'd sell the car at MSRP. Manager ended up calling me directly and told me "The car is at MSRP, but the addons are required" .... basically just told him off, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Markups, required addons, all the same crap. On top of that, there was about 4K of port installed options. It's as if they just went down and selected every port option, but I know that's mostly on the distributor and not the dealership itself. So in the end, the manager basically stated that he'd let me effectively keep my place in line, but said I'd have to wait a few months to get one at sticker. Whatever that means :|

Two weeks later I get a call from the Toyota dealership, and they're at sticker, but the car's got around $1K of port installed stuff. No funny business on markups or required protection packages. Some of the stuff like the dashcam and extra 2-years of the remote start are things I'd probably buy anyways, so it wasn't a huge deal.

Ultimately, I just decided to go with the Toyota. To be honest, I do like the looks of the LC250 more than the Lexus, it's a bit less pretentious IMO than a Lexus, but there are some downsides as well such as the quality of service [department] that you'd get on a Lexus vs Toyota. Build quality will be close to identical - they're literally made on the same line at the same plant. It's also a bit ironic that the LC gets memory seats standard, whereas on the GX OT you can't get real leather, and memory seats are an extra 8K in the OT+ package. I don't need to ever haul more than 5000lbs, so the V6TT is not really worth it to me, plus you don't get the 20A 120V inverter on the Lexus.

Just wish Toyota would allow for the round headlights on the LC250 mid-trim. I think that car, with the premium package, no moonroof, and the round headlights.... would be the perfect spec, and a lot cheaper than the FE. But I guess if they'd have done that, there would be very few buyers willing to shell out the extra cash for the FE. The FE stands as strictly a money grab for Toyota, but at least it's not the dealers themselves hosing you :)

I think if Toyota included some cool 17s wrapped in 35s for the FE, it would have at least differentiated it enough rather than the subtle differences (aside from the headlights) and extra accessories.

Sounds like you’re in the Gulf States dealer network. I called 3 of my local dealers yesterday and more or less got similar responses. Apparently GST dealers haven’t even been given their allocations yet.

I did finally add my name to a wait list at Sewell this week for the GX but I am so far down I was told not to expect my name to be called until late this year, more likely into early 2025.
I am actually in HI, no clue what network they get their cars from. I have heard different things.

I am actually in HI, no clue what network they get their cars from. I have heard different things.

So uh, Toyota Hawaii isn't considered US. At least from all the things I've gathered in the past. So basically entirely different rules apply for vehicles sold in Hawaii. They're still USDM, but... weird.

1711507616802.png

So uh, Toyota Hawaii isn't considered US. At least from all the things I've gathered in the past. So basically entirely different rules apply for vehicles sold in Hawaii. They're still USDM, but... weird.

View attachment 3592143
yeah servco is the distributor for all dealers here. we get some oddball options too, at least in the past, think its not so different anymore though.

Looked at toyota's inventory tracker within 100mi of me (NoVA) for incoming LC250s. 30ish First Editions on the way. Most of them are black. Only one dealer is getting more than one. Of the pricing displayed, it seems more dealers than expected are not marking them up. Including the one that has me on their list.

I just turned down a silver First Edition. No markup.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Zill
Back
Top Bottom