GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parked my FZJ80 next to a new GX470. They are about the same size and I did some checking and they weigh around 4800 lbs which is about what a stock FZJ80 weighs. I know that this is a new design and it is the same vehicle as the new Toyota Forerunner (I think the GX470 is a lot better looking) JMHO. I like the size of my FZJ80 compared to the bigger 100. Anybody know anything about these new GX470's?

Looks like a nice rig to me, but very very expensive.

the 2003+ 4runner and Lexus GX470 are Land Cruisers :) they are sold elseware as a Prado aka UZJ120(UZJ if its a 4.7), open the door on one and look at the tag......its a 120 series Cruiser, but its NOT made by Araco :(

also sold with a dsl elseware. Shedguy has a tricked out Prado or was that Prada :D

pitbull ask away,what do you want to know,i work for the offending company,

[quote author=fj55-100 link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68521#msg68521 date=1069903882]
pitbull ask away,what do you want to know,i work for the offending company,
[/quote]

what offending company? Lexus or Toyota? I don't get it?

[quote author=fj55-100 link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68525#msg68525 date=1069904358]
lexus 13 years
[/quote]

thats like sense the being of Lexus! very cool :) if I might ask.....what do you do?

Cdan's been with Toyota sense..............the Toypet :D

[quote author=fj55-100 link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68535#msg68535 date=1069905645]
mastertech,socal dealer
[/quote]

That's great, how does the GX470 compare to the LX470? Frame strength, engine, transmission? Are they just smaller LC's. I like the size of them, since they are about the same weight and size of the FZJ80. I like the looks of the GX470 compared to the Forerunner and they are priced in the $40K range if you don't get the Nav and the third row seats. Would love to hear your thoughts on this vehicle? I've owned the Lexus SC400, LS400 and my wife had an ES300 so I am aware of the great customer service and quality of the Lexus vehicles.

[quote author=fj55-100 link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68535#msg68535 date=1069905645]
mastertech,socal dealer
[/quote]

don't suppose you happen to have a 2UZ(or whatever a 100 series has) in your 55? :D

comparison is rough, i love the lx sure miss the sold axel, the new vgrs variable gear ratio steering inthe lx is the coolest thing ive seen yet,
frames are bolth toyoda strong
powertrains are identical,bolth got the new 5 speed tranz and in 04 got the ws world standard trans fluid no longer serviced,
gx seats are the best ive felt yet "so much so i put them in my 55 "
gx torsion center diff works extremley well
04gx will get kdss, a type of active sway bar to controll body roll
could go on forever ,,,,,,
love th gx
never will replace th lx

What the story about a "Prado" GX470. I live in a country where TOY sells them all the time along with the LC80, LC100, as smaller Landcruisers for people who can't afford the real stuff.

First the are not the same size. They are shorter, lower and smaller in width. Just look at the front with the headlights and you will see. They have less room inside and come with almost nothing as equipment inside. I parked my 80 many times next to Prados and every time the Prado owners wanted to change. Really nothing than a smaller version of a stock GX 80 or now in your case LX 470. Not worth the money. Since it has not the tough equipment for offroad not so good for wheeling either. Good for soccer moms :D

Better go for the LC100, far better and much better equipped. :cheers:

Mike

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68530#msg68530 date=1069905321]
thats like sense the being of Lexus! very cool :) if I might ask.....what do you do?

Cdan's been with Toyota sense..............the Toypet :D
[/quote]

Not quite the Toyopet, Pimp........ :flipoff2:

25 years and counting....... :slap:

Just for kicks I looked at the 03 4-runner and for that matter the double cab pickup (whatever they call it, T somthing).

Both way too small. While I could camp ect.. in the pickup (because of the box), the 4-runner is a joke. Just try to actually do any off-road camping trip in it and it's way too small. I had no idea that's a UZJ-120. ::)

Me likes the 80 series but even then it's small in the back. Need the rear area of a 60 series.

Here pics from a Prado 2003 (last LC90) and a Sportrider 2001:

prado.jpg

prado1.jpg

prado2.jpg

sportrider.jpg

sportrider1.jpg

sportrider2.jpg

They are small :D

Mike

[quote author=Riley link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68582#msg68582 date=1069917221]
Just for kicks I looked at the 03 4-runner and for that matter the double cab pickup (whatever they call it, T somthing).

Both way too small. While I could camp ect.. in the pickup (because of the box), the 4-runner is a joke. Just try to actually do any off-road camping trip in it and it's way too small. I had no idea that's a UZJ-120. ::)

Me likes the 80 series but even then it's small in the back. Need the rear area of a 60 series.
[/quote]

Camping??? I got that out of my system in the Marine Corp. Now my idea of camping is a luxury resort with room service. I think that GX470 sounds like a great vehicle, you get all of the upgrades and goodies of the LX470 with better gas mileage, plus it is about the size of my 80 which is big enough for me. Guess it just depends on where you are at in your life and what you want to use it for. I can keep my 80 for the times that the luxury resort is located off road. :)

Some details:

The LC80 is 20 cm longer, 10 cm wider and has 5 cm more height. Now I just imagine that the GX470 will carry the same people (8 passenger) in the longversion (3rd row seats). These people have almost not enough space in the 80 then what about the GX470. You loose storage room, passenger space and you will get IFS. Since the GX470 is much lower, offroading will be a problem. Or requires some fine mods.

Better you go for the LC100 with enough space and all the goodies. :cheers:

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom