GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68517#msg68517 date=1069903148]
the 2003+ 4runner and Lexus GX470 are Land Cruisers :) they are sold elseware as a Prado aka UZJ120(UZJ if its a 4.7), open the door on one and look at the tag......its a 120 series Cruiser, but its NOT made by Araco :(
[/quote]

John, you are correct the GX470 is the UZJ120 but the 2003+ 4Runner is the _ZN215. I used to think Toyota was crossing the 4Runner over to the J series but they kept it in the N series.

And Mike (Asiarider) the first pic you showed is a 90 series not the 120 series. Look at the headlights.

Dave

Hmmm, maybe not in Thailand, but the 2003 Prado elsewhere is the _J120.

In Thailand too. The pics I posted are the last LC90 models just before the LC120 was introduced. The LC90 was never sold in the US. Prado was the name for the LC90 and now for the new LC120. It will not change anything. He is still small and no offroader either.

Mike

The Interior of the 120 Series Prado is bigger in every way than the 80 Series Landcruiser, Except in shoulder width for the back Seat Passengers and their is no room for the person's feet who sits in the middle of the back Seat. - As there's a small Transmission Tunell. :cheers:

How can the interior be bigger when the backseat passenger have no shoulder width :D

And how can it be bigger when the rig is 20 cm shorter, has 10 cm less width and is lower than the 80. :D

As you can see already the third passenger in the backseat will sit like a monkey :flipoff2:

That is a bigger station waggon, nothing else :cheers:

Mike

I have had a gx off road ,yea its way to low ,but the torsen"lsd" in the center transfer, combined with HAC hill-start assist controll, and DAC downhill assist controll , and the A-trac traction controll system , this truck could make your mom an instant four wheeler in the ARCA rock crawling championships
Not every one needs the Mac daddy lx

[quote author=beanz2 link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68686#msg68686 date=1069963926]
John, you are correct the GX470 is the UZJ120 but the 2003+ 4Runner is the _ZN215. I used to think Toyota was crossing the 4Runner over to the J series but they kept it in the N series.

And Mike (Asiarider) the first pic you showed is a 90 series not the 120 series. Look at the headlights.

Dave
[/quote]

Hmmm I'll have to take a look at the plate on a 4runner.....only looked the GX.......I'm sure your right, interesting

AFAIK the 120 is still called a Prado in other markets, the 90 is no longer made.

[quote author=beanz2 link=board=2;threadid=8086;start=msg68686#msg68686 date=1069963926]
John, you are correct the GX470 is the UZJ120 but the 2003+ 4Runner is the _ZN215.
Dave
[/quote]

Dave looking at all of the spec's on the GX470 and the new Forerunner they look like they are the same vehicle just different sheet metal for looks and some different features. Maybe overseas they are different but here in the USA they are the same. Just like here in the states the LX470 and the Landcruiser are the same.

2003 gx470

I looked at both the LX and GX models. I love Toyota reliability, even in the cheaper lines. I looked at the newer Land Cruiser/LX, but the GX was a better fit. I like the solid axles, but really don't do hardcore offroading, so the GX works just fine. If I need to go crawling, I'll get an old 80-series.

Without a doubt the most reliable Toyota that I have ever owned. You egt what you pay for. :)

P7190078.jpg

Nice 4+ year old thread revival. Brings back the question: is it an LC? :D

-Spike

perspective from owner of both vehicles

I owned a GX470 and sold it to get my 80 series. They are comparable vehichles in the sense that they are mid size SUVs. The GX has IFS and rear height adj airbags and is smaller inside so those are big differences. It is supremely comfortable from the smoothness and handling perspective. It floats like a feather over rough terrain. In fact, it's so smooth that it almost takes the fun out of offroad driving. And I don't mean driving on a dirt road as I took it to serious places. I kept getting into situations where I thought I might rip off some of the very expensive plastic cladding so that's why I sold it to buy the 80. I can tell you from experience that the traction control system works very well as it got me unstuck after I had the rear axle high-centered on a large boulder on the Diablo drop-off trail in Anza Borrego. The wheels in the air spiun freely for a moment and then the computer kicked in and it beeped a few times and power went to the two wheels on the ground. Some left foot braking probably helped. I did have the rear air suspension collapse in Death Valley on trails in the middle of nowhere (height sensor issue) and had to drive out on the bump stops. That was not pleasant has my rear dragged across miles of rocky desert.

Anyway, great vehicle and far more capable than most luxury SUVs. But, it's still a luxury car so there is a limit to what you would want to do with it because of the cost of replacing damaged body panels.

It is a Land Cruiser Prado outside of the US...so, you know if Toyota sticks the Land Cruiser name on it...it has to have some Land Cruiser DNA.

Nice 4+ year old thread revival. Brings back the question: is it an LC? :D

-Spike

Guys! Spike is just kidding. He even put a smilie face at the end of his sentence.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom