GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I keep going back and forth between 0 and -10 offsets. I think something like a +5 would be perfect, but there aren't many wheels worth purchasing that come in that size. The RPT-1s look great though!
That's why I went with +10 wheels, I think that's the sweet spot for fitting larger tires with less drama. Just waiting on my current tires to wear down some more before I install them!

^I have +10 AlphaEquipt wheels with 285/70/17 and only had to trim/smush plastic to clear my Mickey Thompsons. It looks like it will clear the body mount when wheels are fully stuffed and turned but will find out for sure on my next off road trip.

^I have +10 AlphaEquipt wheels with 285/70/17 and only had to trim/smush plastic to clear my Mickey Thompsons. It looks like it will clear the body mount when wheels are fully stuffed and turned but will find out for sure on my next off road trip.
I believe it was your original build post that gave me inspiration for the same setup! Was most of your trimming at the front or rear of the wheel well?

I believe it was your original build post that gave me inspiration for the same setup! Was most of your trimming at the front or rear of the wheel well?
At the rear. I had trimmed a bunch of plastic off at the base of the sideskirt/rear fender to stop rubbing with my previous 265/70/17s. With the 285s, I haven't had to trim anything else, but it looks like I may need to ziptie the rear of the fender liner back. I had warmed it up with a heat gun and smushed it out of the way but it seems to be returning to its original shape...lousy high quality Lexus plastic

At the rear. I had trimmed a bunch of plastic off at the base of the sideskirt/rear fender to stop rubbing with my previous 265/70/17s. With the 285s, I haven't had to trim anything else, but it looks like I may need to ziptie the rear of the fender liner back. I had warmed it up with a heat gun and smushed it out of the way but it seems to be returning to its original shape...lousy high quality Lexus plastic
That's good for me since I cut out a lot of that rear area when installing my sliders. I've already 'massaged' my front wheel well to accommodate my 32" tires, so I should be good to go.

1000006886.jpg

First world problems... never able to get my GX completely clean.

Last edited:
It is rainy today so I am going to drive around as much as possible to get as much dirt of my rig as I can.

A lifted GX is a tall vehicle, but the 550 is just that much taller. One on 35s wouldn't fit in my garage.
The width is visually apparent in this pic, but the height is deceiving. Even without the roof rack, this thing towered over mine. I doubt it would fit in my office's parking garage (I can touch the beams through my moon roof).

AP1GczMjPEe849a-u3LN7tG7nqekR9MIpGsfxOQZ6ZADF0krWg9vYed1Z2t2I62edrmFFYDpEMYnSxk3B4vrUiElIbuZGP6M08EmwnlgwsAjRaxMkwRdZkJOuZ6tCHQlDWDdo3g1N_uPGvEtammOgC2iWHH16Q=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

For reference, my GX460 pictured above is fully stock aside from wheels/tires, dirt, and trail rash.

Just to make myself feel better, I'm going to diss that rear wiper: with its Toyota Matrix looking arm just sitting there looking stupid all the time. Pfft, obviously a worse truck than mine.

That's enough about clean trucks in parking lots. I took my daughter on one last sledding trip for the year on Saturday.

AP1GczP5OCQWeHpgJIX8gEq52NUKRZcGhbbWokjk1b6Omzl7bFSM3FLnJSqvA9P8NnLRe7gU17t_ETPmZnQ_HebfxLUIYWzkNXzU1Xz93KOBViN-aVu-0_zolpF21ZLIxc8q1ZO394IAvyZvS-Dzsj-afdHtPg=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

Afterwards, we went to Hungry Valley OHV so Daddy could play too.

AP1GczM6i-9V-yB6fLQ2av0i229WUl2cabp9XBsKuhi8tq_UntJ9sAeU14UQpBqRd_AOVCzuF5fQxUUJiGDlNP3MB9OzCojhdQyesFYW6kXpHfqPMqZNO5MExGza8U7sIwUqQOdA9zMP8wWmCIVRgI88PFIOEg=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

AP1GczONmyOy7oEtvag1W_f6mGljKZAI-U1gJtQs4JOEjYkOdqUpO5Fiaf02yFIF2TxhlpP0NfS5KnC7l3316PD3AgWc3kvI8w8Cv9zVLJgDYn_1oQWkxi_ptzRwHBetpOIFrnU24w3kd2LHmM8sUEnEdaS3Iw=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

I did a familiar loop of Powerline>Freeman Canyon>Pipeline, since I'd left my trail map at home and didn't want any surprises. Hit a couple of mud pits off Pipeline and then aired back up at the obstacle course. I watched a guy in a brand new Frontier Pro4X walk up the hill-climb multiple times, while Jeeps picked their way around and an F150 FX4 made a fool of himself. I'm no Nissan fan, but I gotta hand it to him this time.

Apparently I redesigned my skid plates for a bit of extra clearance, and picked up a little rash on the front bumper at one point. I'd been holding out for Slee to make skids, but now I'm all out of excuses.

AP1GczOikoSUw2WgysuFYWRbNz4Z9Zw4hV-oeBygYTBfC0rHQzfThd6DhRmVh4IwQw-4w4VtPPwki12-SNowpllmZINo5v36-AHB2ySsBoZaUMlB0yCz0aVrl1ofLMhimzkk_mg6q0PHXREkNWTRqXOVw_-u0Q=w1082-h814-s-no-gm

Just a little tweak, but a good warning to armor up before I really smash something expensive.

Hello from HTX.

Montero 3rd Gen to 18’GX here. Hope I did the right thing. @26K miles, no mud underneath the carriage. First mod on the list is BMC.. then it’s game on 😅

View attachment 3614835

View attachment 3614824
What size tires you thinking. I have 285/70r17 and 0 offset and had to trim plastic. Never rubbed body mount. But if you’re going larger all bets are off. That’s low miles for sure my 18 is at 80k

Hello from HTX.

Montero 3rd Gen to 18’GX here. Hope I did the right thing. @26K miles, no mud underneath the carriage. First mod on the list is BMC.. then it’s game on 😅

View attachment 3614835

View attachment 3614824
Welcome to the forum and congrat's on your ride! :cheers:
Nice looking Montero! I've always lamented that there wasn't a better following of them compared to Toyota products. They were pretty cool.

What size tires you thinking. I have 285/70r17 and 0 offset and had to trim plastic. Never rubbed body mount. But if you’re going larger all bets are off. That’s low miles for sure my 18 is at 80k
Been researching on wheels and tires, 285/70/17 with 0 offset looks proportionately done with no lift. Thanks for the advice 👍🏽

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom