GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No tail gate spare tire!
Were you able to peek inside (without looking creepy) and see what that looks like?

79i0gyt6ug971kj7k0qzby8hl.jpg

Last edited:
Love the look of the 2 doors, but I don't know what I'd do with ALL my stuff not having a 4 door!

Reminds me of the Vehicross.
Loved the Vehicross too! And was looking at getting one before the GX.
Down side was Isuzu bugged out of the U.S. so not a lot of support, too small and not body on frame.
In hindsight, I'm WAYYYY happier with my GX.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Vehicross was BOF... my father still has his old '93 Isuzu Trooper he purchased new. 2002 was effectively the last year of imported Isuzu vehicles. Everything after that were domestically produced GM badge jobs except for the Axiom until Isuzu left the US passenger vehicle market in 2009. Open to correction :)

I had a 2001 VehiCROSS. It wasn't a particularly good example and life suddenly changed for me so I had to get rid of it pretty quick, but man was it a cool little truck. Would love to have another one with the right suspension setup and an LS3/TR6060 combo. Would be the perfect weekend toy/wheeler.

Pretty sure Vehicross was BOF... my father still has his old '93 Isuzu Trooper he purchased new. 2002 was effectively the last year of imported Isuzu vehicles. Everything after that were domestically produced GM badge jobs except for the Axiom until Isuzu left the US passenger vehicle market in 2009. Open to correction :)
Looked it up, my bad, it is body-on-frame.
Thanks for catching me on that Acrad. I tell enough lies on here, don't need to add another one. 😜

There's usually a vehicross/Isuzu week annually. I'll see if I can dig up some Vehicross pix. Also I've seen one a couple blocks from the house. 🤔
I always liked the Vehicross, loved the marketing, blend of sports car and 4x4. Vehicross was college days, a little after I fell in love with the 2-dr amigo... (high school era)

*EDIT* Couldn't find any of my pix, but the web is good. 7-mile, hells and hot tubs, sweet clips!
Fun-looking truck! 90's era open diffs. . .

Last edited:
There's usually a vehicross/Isuzu week annually. I'll see if I can dig up some Vehicross pix. Also I've seen one a couple blocks from the house. 🤔
I always liked the Vehicross, loved the marketing, blend of sports car and 4x4. Vehicross was college days, a little after I fell in love with the 2-dr amigo... (high school era)

*EDIT* Couldn't find any of my pix, but the web is good. 7-mile, hells and hot tubs, sweet clips!
Fun-looking truck! 90's era open diffs. . .
And yet despite the open diffs they were so capable... TOD was a great piece of tech for the day, and everyone forgets how far you can go without lockers if the truck has the right wheelbase/track width and doesn't weigh 3+ tons

Funny story, I almost bought Gill's VX back in 2016 (the one in the video)

The wife and I both had our own 100's hundy's and loved them. I was building mine as an overlander.
Have to admit after getting the GX the hundy was not quite as capable as the GX for off road, but you have the truck for that.
Did you get the hundy with the factory rear e-locker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom