GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pizza cutter 33s on FJ cruiser steelies.

0316222142b_HDR.jpg

0316222113_HDR.jpg

Wonder what MPG is like with such skinny tires?? Should not take such a hit as with wider tires of the same diameter.

Wonder what MPG is like with such skinny tires?? Should not take such a hit as with wider tires of the same diameter.
i have 33"x10.5" skinnies and my MPG is still not good haha. I get around 13 average in the winter, 15 average in the summer. mostly city driving, but some mix.

i have 33"x10.5" skinnies and my MPG is still not good haha. I get around 13 average in the winter, 15 average in the summer. mostly city driving, but some mix.
Hard to say, and I still need to play with pressures a bit. But looking like I lost about 1 MPG.

Took a drive to Death Valley with the club over the weekend. What a fun place to explore.

Teakettle Junction​

View attachment 2959054

Eureka Dunes​

View attachment 2959060

View attachment 2959061

Ubehebe Crater​

View attachment 2959062
Unfortunately you can't drive down it.
Ha-ha!! Our club did the same run also! Hitting Tea Kettle Junction and Ubehebe crater along with a few other oddities out there. So I'm guessing your club is a "Toyota" club? My club (Capo Valley 4 Wheelers) is just a general 4x4 club, But it's been around for a long time (mid 90's?) About 90% are Jeeps with a few Toyota products sprinkled in. I just tease them on those extremely hot or cold trail days about how comfortable my Lexus is with heated and ventilated seats, 3 climate zones etc. over the HAM radio to everyone as they're either sweating or freezing, eating dust.

Ha-ha!! Our club did the same run also! Hitting Tea Kettle Junction and Ubehebe crater along with a few other oddities out there. So I'm guessing your club is a "Toyota" club? My club (Capo Valley 4 Wheelers) is just a general 4x4 club, But it's been around for a long time (mid 90's?) About 90% are Jeeps with a few Toyota products sprinkled in. I just tease them on those extremely hot or cold trail days about how comfortable my Lexus is with heated and ventilated seats, 3 climate zones etc. over the HAM radio to everyone as they're either sweating or freezing, eating dust.

It is definitely a Toyota club. It's actually a TLCA local chapter SoCal TLCA. The majority of the rigs are 80 and 100 series LCs but all are welcome, including Jeeps. We need someone to tease too. It's funny that the LC diehards think the GX is a 4runner with a V8. They don't know much about the GX or Prado.

I might join the Capo Valley club to get out more. I really want to go to Baja with decent sized group.

It is definitely a Toyota club. It's actually a TLCA local chapter SoCal TLCA. The majority of the rigs are 80 and 100 series LCs but all are welcome, including Jeeps. We need someone to tease too. It's funny that the LC diehards think the GX is a 4runner with a V8. They don't know much about the GX or Prado.

I might join the Capo Valley club to get out more. I really want to go to Baja with decent sized group.
We average almost a run a month, sometimes more. There are/were a couple of runs in Colorado with a member who does a lot wheeling there, even though he's local here. And doing the huge Rubicon trail. But we do it all, from hard core rock crawling, overlanding, high country, desert, etc. If you'd like to take a look at us here our link:
and we have regular meetings first Wednesday night of the month at Hennessey's Tavern in Dana Point.
We're not a bunch of Yaa-hoos looking to impress everyone while dangerously wrecking their rig doing something stupid. We don't tolerate that type of off roading. We're more family oriented.
Next meeting will be Wednesday night, 6 April.
Be nice to get another GX on the trail!

Finally getting around to getting mine ready for a 6-month trip this year. Have always used KO2s and decided to stick with them for this build as well. Stock suspension on 275/65's. Not doing any real wheeling aside from forest access roads and basic overland travel. Will be towing a camper so some beefier springs come next followed by more towing goodies.

IMG_2976.jpg

We average almost a run a month, sometimes more. There are/were a couple of runs in Colorado with a member who does a lot wheeling there, even though he's local here. And doing the huge Rubicon trail. But we do it all, from hard core rock crawling, overlanding, high country, desert, etc. If you'd like to take a look at us here our link:
and we have regular meetings first Wednesday night of the month at Hennessey's Tavern in Dana Point.
We're not a bunch of Yaa-hoos looking to impress everyone while dangerously wrecking their rig doing something stupid. We don't tolerate that type of off roading. We're more family oriented.
Next meeting will be Wednesday night, 6 April.
Be nice to get another GX on the trail!
Funny story about your club, from an outsider. About 5-6 years ago I did Monache Meadows for the first time, solo in an old Jeep XJ, spending a whole week at the upper Kern campground. Not knowing exactly what I was getting into and fearful of wheeling alone, I did a ton of internet research beforehand. I found your club was planning their run that weekend and followed the prep thread and even wrote down CB channels and contact info in case I needed to send out an SOS.

Everything went well for me, that trail was easy in my old brute. As I was leaving I pulled off to air up just as your whole convoy drove past on their way in. I simply waved and admired the nice rigs, but there for a week or two y'all had a stalker. I'm glad we didn't end up meeting that day.

ETA, it was June 2018. Feels like longer, because that was 3 trucks ago.

Funny story about your club, from an outsider. About 5-6 years ago I did Monache Meadows for the first time, solo in an old Jeep XJ, spending a whole week at the upper Kern campground. Not knowing exactly what I was getting into and fearful of wheeling alone, I did a ton of internet research beforehand. I found your club was planning their run that weekend and followed the prep thread and even wrote down CB channels and contact info in case I needed to send out an SOS.

Everything went well for me, that trail was easy in my old brute. As I was leaving I pulled off to air up just as your whole convoy drove past on their way in. I simply waved and admired the nice rigs, but there for a week or two y'all had a stalker. I'm glad we didn't end up meeting that day.

ETA, it was June 2018. Feels like longer, because that was 3 trucks ago.
It's a real friendly crowd.
Myself and one of the club officers were pre-running a trail for an event later in the month and we came across a (Navy) sailor out by himself with a blown bead off his rim. Problem was he didn't have a socket for the small diameter countersunk lug nuts so he couldn't get the rim off to put his spare on. At the time my buddy and I didn't have the right tools either so we stopped our trial run and drove him into town to make sure he was able to contact one of his buddies from his ship to come get him. We both gave him a little money to help him out if he needed something (like the right size lug wrench) for his truck to help get him out from where it was stuck.
But that should be common trail courtesy anyways.

It's a real friendly crowd.
Myself and one of the club officers were pre-running a trail for an event later in the month and we came across a (Navy) sailor out by himself with a blown bead off his rim. Problem was he didn't have a socket for the small diameter countersunk lug nuts so he couldn't get the rim off to put his spare on. At the time my buddy and I didn't have the right tools either so we stopped our trial run and drove him into town to make sure he was able to contact one of his buddies from his ship to come get him. We both gave him a little money to help him out if he needed something (like the right size lug wrench) for his truck to help get him out from where it was stuck.
But that should be common trail courtesy anyways.
Gotta put up a couple shots from my most recent trip to Monache Meadows, last August. Just to keep the thread alive with 150 series pics and get back on topic.

Here's my car and a rented trailer.

-Jhff8WH45bl48eUrmHN2zPpMOGpQ5bNZllGVpND-bs3RlDk-vQfYUQfQwhKExoROAW6LkBVrteBLgcJrloKplU1P0leqXMr4n8jNXNs1aln2XyNMNI23zjoo4KwJM-jEsN0OhOq2NbDRam3wGqJVTYw6roawHaaaO4SUG_TPu9P4ggmIMaGz7pdeeh_oov4h6rklentdNXudzxMaorrUg7LEHc3w-IiJAP1isVpQcKkQn_3K_KOyq1yyZ0ioxjJur9eqFIrXMdT93aoxnfu7LSF7TYjJfMJmkpaIW4_VjBpDE_gbSpuec4tkH_ns981H7yTvylUDLp6g6x_ptJ46L_997iBdUm1n3sExquhJTP9D3IBwSTVh-_OCJOGTurVcuQ9H8FB98OySF4aU8O0Oc0zZG6-W4tJKywKg06HQJrR8jF5Lvt-bFZJSNIpgaMFDcgUUZ_kkXO4pDsgC-YOJa72amNsVn9VgtDOtDYjSrF_Dh14oFmn8BPFBNNncRRs89L_k9BlnzaiId4no0xXihe0DVsveay3RVuxRVKGGSJFvc4XDg5n6roxHwwUWfDuFhJNUzD03q4JKBOSkbcjoMN3zqz6Sjz-4rLe5_fOP9bhn6XApLTba--iO1jAs-v1HKLoAQn37v8IIoLluyLLA7V_EqutJ_7uCSXtlOe7KGCMnLHu6mpsTHppX3FB-vDvxMWYh1vPPH_5yA46-cFf8dDC70WP6n8dloNiuuokwVMYYeMEVDeRqi1JAGg=w1081-h611-no

And here's a black 4Runner I saw up there.

2tSr6I3twPgYI8g5cKhGMDHjDTa9-SR9HSHEkEyQ8pkRfaQLdbAARpmymXqONZqzjTAhKkcazQm3qAG1vM6OsAylTV5l8RJg0uJiAa2Svfalj49bRfH9RjBcGsFX5Y_u6c7dthWeyzE4MpsVF5ryS2eSN9PMDSERFEsreOUeNvq89o3CDZ4ZzuyNIjiy7SsJoHsMJ2CM2sbDeyGp3YlpHHlsmZ-8CMSLMREUMX1xfHJRbTnJxakL4GocoAWVxJg_0job2CAbMKq4jTrq9CRVu3t7N6vQLtd3nFOu153gyxaavMiwrgyBNjHS8_XMr65YJ3k86nYxV5NcTH_GSSyNWtXZFp_d8K_juTaWpqmtT6sjUnwWt8okm43Hj4ovouB9qmCax7yyxSBEqji19HG6pZDzk22RxRVodv1XHxXcobEVoRthRMMcSr6AW1eVMBIAGWYDPpYRut3nDzYIqRyoiB98jwsUT8cDlWUlr2Cw6FY81lAIyQSkbkqJPbeOPbj8HKxGyoArQIhPplyzs8sgJdep8uhcjua43ubkGD4U_FYfbhNKOEicgpdd-Xz7raYZVA7qHfvkluWGJrLd_NU07gPNwHg7D8SxPXbvRaaGFCD2DGXeMpmPxNOhaAKu_Q6umvaX_GG7IWRKuYy_1581Rmhilnl89Q0NSpPC_IStRk4LvCvGXDBfAhHjfMMTRwPhsGiNOUe4hXMElmw9HfW4VNhV7oteeMgzVB1fa_me_k5ramH4fuArSO7r56w=w1081-h611-no

Those things sure can mooooove.

That's utter-ly silly...
Seriously, how much was that trailer/day?

That's utter-ly silly...
Seriously, how much was that trailer/day?
It was $130/day, plus more for the ARB fridge and a security deposit I didn't get back when my wife snapped a key off in a door. Pretty reasonable compared to hotel rooms. Our first trip into the desert was more fun, Monache Meadows was a bit stressful at times with that thing behind me.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom