GX460 or FJ Cruiser?!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GX460s look kinda retarded IMO, but have nicer comfort features and a better engine.

The FJ looks more juvenile, but will easily fit bigger tires, is far more capable in stock form offroad and can be had with lockers.

If you intend to offroad it more get the FJ. Want to pound pavement? Get the GX.

Reactions: r2m
Agreed, the GX does look lame when in stock form. Even just adding a good All-Terrain that's a little larger HUGELY increases the "cool" factor.

Agreed, the GX does look lame when in stock form. Even just adding a good All-Terrain that's a little larger HUGELY increases the "cool" factor.
Honestly I think the 460 looks stupid whether it is stock, lightly modded, or heavily modded on 35s. It's like Lexus tried to put sportscar lines on a brick. I'd still buy it over a Chevy/Dodge/Ford, but it looks retarded in any form.

I used to drive and off road Troopers for about 15 years, I still wheel with friends I made of that crowd including a bunch of VX guys. I probably would have had a VX but for two things: Not enough headroom, and dealing with a way to carry an oversize spare tire. But they are cool.

My father still has his '93 4-Door Trooper S he purchased new. He doesn't off-road it but still washes it every week.

I think the rear door setup left a mental imprint on why I like my GX barn door. The first vehicle I was ever around with power folding mirrors back in the day as well.

Honestly I think the 460 looks stupid whether it is stock, lightly modded, or heavily modded on 35s. It's like Lexus tried to put sportscar lines on a brick. I'd still buy it over a Chevy/Dodge/Ford, but it looks retarded in any form.
What a user name! Is there a big difference between 460 and 470 appearance?

I saw a 470 today, with lift, normal sized tires and big front bumper. Looked a bit silly.
They look Ok in mostly stock trim. Actually better than FJ Cruiser IMO. Lifted FJs can look pretty cool though.

They actually kind of suck, functionally, I had a helluva time finding wiper blades that worked well on my FJ. Other than that they were fine and I did find the 3-wiper thing amusing.
Factory oem blades work the best. No aftermarket blade works.

I built this FJ over the past year. I truly love it. BUT I am now wondering if I should have built a GX460 to get a better on-road ride. If I can swing it, I may build a GX460 rig too. But I'm still doing a few things to my fj (regearing right now for the 35's)

View attachment 3163898

View attachment 3163899
Update. I Installed 4.88 East Coast Gear Supply rear and front diffs. Amazing. That is indeed the best gear ratio for a heavy FJ with 35's. I cannot say enough about ECGS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom