Gx460 Non-nav (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used the search. No luck. Anyone have a 460 without nav? Im looking at a nice one with everything I want, and didnt even realize they came without nav. Its not super pretty, but allbthe HVAC is seperate and analog contolled which kicks ass. Wondering if anyone has thoughts on aftermarket nav upgrade, or just tell me what it does other than backup camera. Thanks.
Did you ever get the Non-nav version? I have 2 that are available to buy and it looks like they are going for less money which I always prefer. if you did, what did you do with it?

Nothing beats the speed and clarity of three, big knobs for climate control, a la pre 2003 100 series LC. One for temp, one for fan speed, and one for mode. and an "auto" button. Adjustable in micro-seconds. No need to take your eye off the road to press tiny little buttons. Ugh. How can technology have regressed so much from the optimum???

i had no idea this was even an option for the 460

i will say, the nav comes in handy when you are way off the beaten path or in BF nowhere and need GPS but dont have phone signal.

also, you get used to the screen controls pretty quickly. i would prefer a more functional, simpler, manual control stack - but the touch screen is really not that bad.

with that being said - saving 3 grand sounds cool. but that will also probably bite you in resale since the folks looking for a non-nav version will be pretty slim.

@
i had no idea this was even an option for the 460

i will say, the nav comes in handy when you are way off the beaten path or in BF nowhere and need GPS but dont have phone signal.

also, you get used to the screen controls pretty quickly. i would prefer a more functional, simpler, manual control stack - but the touch screen is really not that bad.

with that being said - saving 3 grand sounds cool. but that will also probably bite you in resale since the folks looking for a non-nav version will be pretty slim.
Good feedback. it has 95K miles and they are asking $25K, so price somewhat reflects the lack of market demand I believe. I think if I could buy it for $20K, it would be a no-brainer and I'd just deal with it.

@

Good feedback. it has 95K miles and they are asking $25K, so price somewhat reflects the lack of market demand I believe. I think if I could buy it for $20K, it would be a no-brainer and I'd just deal with it.

For sure. 20 grand would be a great price for that low mileage.

@

Just for reference I purchased last August for $23.5k, 2013 w/ 108k. Pretty sure with gas prices what they are now GX's will start dropping in price when the folks that can't afford $400 a month in gas start offloading. Might be wise to be patient right now.

Just for reference I purchased last August for $23.5k, 2013 w/ 108k. Pretty sure with gas prices what they are now GX's will start dropping in price when the folks that can't afford $400 a month in gas start offloading. Might be wise to be patient right now.
I need a car right now though...

I need a car right now though...
Can't help you there; just gotta get what you can afford then. One thing I never see anyone talk about is lexus platinum care. Prior owner to me bought it and it transferred to me. Still full warranty coverage until 2024 unlimited miles and no deductible. I'd gladly pay more if the vehicle had that pretty much covers any warranty repair that is not a wearable item; for reference I got my waterpump replaced twice (1 faulty new part), new speaker that went out and gave a loaner. Might be harder to find, but they're out there.

SO in the market for a GX (probably 460, but still some 470's I have looked at). One of the recent ones that popped up on my search was (https://www.allyautogroup.com/inventory/lexus/gx/047497/). Now as part of my research, I run web searches on the VINs, in this case: JTJJM7FX1C5047497. Low and behold this led me to this forum post.

LIttle did I know that the 460s had non-nav versions - at least ones with the little screens. Now I have to go do some other research to see how one can upgrade that function. Anyway small worked it is and the learning on these vehicles continues.

@Spanky73 - Not saying it can’t be done without enough time and money but never saw anyone upgrade one of the rare non-nav units to an updated technology solution,.

A CL member with a TIS subscription found that the wiring harnesses are different between nav and non-nav (10-13 models) so current offerings wouldn’t be plug and play.

Side note…. ‘14-‘21 does have non-nav versions but they still use the same sized screen. ‘22+ has nav standard.

Reactions: r2m
@Spanky73 - Not saying it can’t be done without enough time and money but never saw anyone upgrade one of the rare non-nav units to an updated technology solution,.

A CL member with a TIS subscription found that the wiring harnesses are different between nav and non-nav (10-13 models) so current offerings wouldn’t be plug and play.

Side note…. ‘14-‘21 does have non-nav versions but they still use the same sized screen. ‘22+ has nav standard.
Also to tag onto the Acrad's comment above, if you go to the GX 460 Manuals sticky post, here should be a list of every option for every year so you can see what was available for whatever year you're looking for.

Ughhh - so much research!

No really thanks. The good thing is time is on my side. I just missed pulling the trigger on a GX470 sold locally by me (sold in 3 days). The seller was awesome in answering questions and hope whomever bought it was a private entity and not someone trying to resale.

I really aprpeacite the community here. Mostly read stuff and started initially from current rig 1988 Nissan Safari! Just looking for something that will get me further down the road and a few creature comforts - like cruise control.

Ughhh - so much research!

No really thanks. The good thing is time is on my side. I just missed pulling the trigger on a GX470 sold locally by me (sold in 3 days). The seller was awesome in answering questions and hope whomever bought it was a private entity and not someone trying to resale.

I really aprpeacite the community here. Mostly read stuff and started initially from current rig 1988 Nissan Safari! Just looking for something that will get me further down the road and a few creature comforts - like cruise control.
Some little hints are suggesting you're not from North America? (Nissan Safari, cruise control as a creature comfort?)

No sir - I am from Texas just a worldly traveler. Owned weird vehicles (wish I still had some). Had a factory LWB Samurai in USA ((along with 2 others in Japan). I have also had a 2dr and 4dr Pajero. Drove a Delica van, but never owned one. Hoping (if prices will cooperate) to get a good deal on a GX and start my camping trips back up.
Would love to have a 98 PX10 - but don't see that happening.

0702141A30141018W00101.jpg

0702141A30141018W00108.jpg

0702141A30141018W00111.jpg

0702141A30141018W00119.jpg

No sir - I am from Texas just a worldly traveler. Owned weird vehicles (wish I still had some). Had a factory LWB Samurai in USA ((along with 2 others in Japan). I have also had a 2dr and 4dr Pajero. Drove a Delica van, but never owned one. Hoping (if prices will cooperate) to get a good deal on a GX and start my camping trips back up.
Would love to have a 98 PX10 - but don't see that happening.

View attachment 3278385

View attachment 3278386

View attachment 3278387

View attachment 3278388
I guess you do ALL your own maintenance since you'd be hard pressed to find someone familiar with those vehicles.
Personally, I'd love to get my hands on a Landcruiser 70 series troop carrier wagon (left hand drive). On my travels, I've see them all over Australia and Africa but Toyota doesn't want to DOT them for the U.S. Our loss... My only issue is I don't care to do my own maintenance any longer and repair/maintence parts would be a headache to track down, so I'll just stick to my comfy GX. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom