Gx460 Non-nav (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I used the search. No luck. Anyone have a 460 without nav? Im looking at a nice one with everything I want, and didnt even realize they came without nav. Its not super pretty, but allbthe HVAC is seperate and analog contolled which kicks ass. Wondering if anyone has thoughts on aftermarket nav upgrade, or just tell me what it does other than backup camera. Thanks.

I didn't even know that they offered one here in the states. I'd love to see pics.

I didn't even know that they offered one here in the states. I'd love to see pics.

IMG_20200317_163732_01.jpg

Interesting, so what does that tiny little screen actually display?

Im told....just reverse and some odeter,clock stuff. But i dont see another screen so id say hvac must show up on it. Its kinda ugly though. Sorta looks like jphnny 5 from short circuit. Still, i like buttons better than touch screens

Im told....just reverse and some odeter,clock stuff. But i dont see another screen so id say hvac must show up on it. Its kinda ugly though. Sorta looks like jphnny 5 from short circuit. Still, i like buttons better than touch screens

The Nav is a joke and everything is dated with the system but it's usable. The biggest complaint is having to go into the climate screen in order to adjust the fan speed while the temp and all other climate functions are available via buttons.

I dig it. Weird that the front slide compartment wood finish doesn't match the trim in the rest of the cabin.

Its got airbags. Its bone stock. 1 owner. 60k on the clock. And its tan on tan. Odd pairing. Id just got used to the idea of OEM screen. But its sure tempting. I dont love the look tjough

I have a 2013 Premium edition with everything (except Crawl and MT but that's coming ;) ) and the only time I EVER use my navigation is when I'm off roading in wilderness. I use the bread crumbs just to be sure I don't make a wrong turn if I'm doing an out and back in some remote area.
Other than that I ALWAYS use my phone or tablet's Google Maps and a really good wireless charger/phone cradle.
Google Maps advantages;
  • With over size tires, Google Maps gives the speed limit of the road you're on AND the real time speed that you are traveling!
  • Google Maps will constantly update travel times to account for traffic.
  • I've found Google Maps to be more accurate than my GX's navigation in both routing and travel times.
  • More options with Google Maps.
The only advantage of the GX navigation is that it doesn't need the internet (cell data) for mapping.
BUT... one can download a map into Google for navigation.
So, in short, my advice is to get the rig since it has some nice options and then find a really good phone or tablet cradle that you like and call it done!

I like everything except for the color. My wife and I cannot get into tan vehicles.
My first Porsche was what they labeled as "champagne", I called tan... Always hated that color, but I got the car at a good price.
Albeit, I DO like a matte finish desert tan, read Army/military style on off road vehicles!

My first Porsche was what they labeled as "champagne", I called tan... Always hated that color, but I got the car at a good price.
Albeit, I DO like a matte finish desert tan, read Army/military style on off road vehicles!
I think in person the Lexus looks really sharp in the champagne. Its black i cant stand

Picked up a 2010 non-nav this winter in Peridot Mica. Love it. Very happy to have found it over the nav as the Software is dated and the drop down thing over the audio controls is cheesy. The little screen is dorky but it has HVAC controls, trip info and a backup cam. I prefer this setup. Mine has 4 coils, heated/cooled seats and is so smooth. Love these GXs.

0B4B659B-3AFB-4FC3-92A4-B4F60149CE71.jpeg

7B374367-E49B-4D6B-BF8D-A1C7555D4DBF.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrat's on your new money pit... err... I mean toy!

I agree, I like the tan on the new Jeep Gladiator. When I go to the office I see a colleague's champagne GX and it reminds me of the tan my mother has on her Mercedes or the bronzit beige my uncle has had on his BMWs, neither of which I could get into.

I agree, I like the tan on the new Jeep Gladiator. When I go to the office I see a colleague's champagne GX and it reminds me of the tan my mother has on her Mercedes or the bronzit beige my uncle has had on his BMWs, neither of which I could get into.
Or the tan Toyota is using on it's trucks! 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom