GW-Jeff NF Peters Mill/Taskers Gap Trails Work Day - Saturday, March 16@9:30am (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
SEE POST #13 FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

CLCC and Washington Trail Riders have a permit to work on the Peters Mill and Taskers Gap trails the week before the gates open for the general public.

WTR will be providing lunch for all workers in the Edinburg Gap parking Lot (where the trails cross the Edinburg Gap Rd.).

Put this on your calendars guys, we need to make a better showing this year!

Bring work gloves, saws (manual and cordless), loppers, spade, metal rake, saw, warm clothing, snacks and drinks. WATR will provide lunch at the Edinburg lot around Noon. With all this water and recent high winds, we are expecting a lot of blowdowns so hopefully someone with a USFS Chainsaw certificate (and chainsaw) can attend.

Post up if you can attend.

Last edited:
I cannot go. It's my 40th and I have been told not to make plans that day. However... I have a STIHL 361 (I used to have a tree service) and a pretty handy limb tuner and carry claw you guys are more than welcome to use. I also have a helmet with drop down mesh face mask and integrated hearing protection. Let me know if these items would be helpful.

I can’t make this one. I will be out of town with the Family.

Is this the place? MAP

NO! That is the wrong parking area. That is the opposite end of the trail (where we end up) and is Woodstock Tower Rd. You want Edinburg Gap Rd., junction of FR-374.

I have received and posted on the Private Club forum, a signed letter from the Acting Ranger authorizing all CLCC volunteers in possession of the letter and a photo ID to be "behind the gate" on a sanctioned volunteer work activity. If you are going to the workday, or might go, but not sure, print a copy of the letter and put it in your vehicle. If you are not a member and don't have access to the private CLCC forum, send me a PM with your email address and I will forward a copy to you.

If you do not have this letter with you, you can be ticketed by law enforcement. It won't likely happen if there are others in the group with copies of the letter, however if you wander off on your own, leave early, arrive late, etc. you are at risk of a ticket and a fine.

I went to the training today after my son shamed me into it by pointing out that he could do it but I could not. Due to the forecasted snow tomorrow they will not be doing the practicals on Sunday but I will have it done by Next Saturday.
Spoke to Wade Bushhong who said they will be able to do some recerts on the 16th. I and my son should be good to go for the event and will both have saws and certs to participate.

5750EE3C-FCE4-4D20-A639-CDF0303B879F.jpeg

Unfortunately I’ve got class from 9-6pm....but last semester, thank god.

Will be there next year hopefully with a cert and my dad’s Stihl in tow

I won't be able to make it with it being the day before Paddy's day... bar will be keeping me busy

I went to the training today after my son shamed me into it by pointing out that he could do it but I could not. Due to the forecasted snow tomorrow they will not be doing the practicals on Sunday but I will have it done by Next Saturday.
Spoke to Wade Bushhong who said they will be able to do some recerts on the 16th. I and my son should be good to go for the event and will both have saws and certs to participate.

May I ask where/through who did you take the training?

Finished up the class today.
Walked some of the trail that we are supposed to clear. The amount of trees on the ground is staggering FWS says it has been some of the worst they have had in years with the rains, ice, wind blowovers and blights the trees are in poor shape.
On a good note it was really pretty after the storm last night.

8C8AD7DD-D46A-408B-9C55-0887FCD01F47.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom