Group buy: rear window weatherstrip gap. Get your fix before your metal rots away! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh geezee,

A thinly veiled joke gone bad..........:whoops:

I guess I'll keep my day job then.......:mad:

cruiserdan said:
Oh geezee,

A thinly veiled joke gone bad..........:whoops:

I guess I'll keep my day job then.......:mad:

nah, don't worry, newbs don't have a sense of humor, it's the 5th law of thermodynamics... :D

E

oh, and btw, the 8" doesn't count when it only happens with a 12000 lb winch doing its thing!

Put me down for 2" as well.

Thanks,

Bob

18" or so, so far. (Not counting Dan's alleged 8")
Dan, you call it when we're full or you're satisfied.
We'll go by post order if there are too many customers.
We can also do a minimum of, say, 2" if we don't have enough customers, to make sure Dan doesn't get shafted by too many inches... :D

E

Beowulf said:
Gary (or anyone else with an LX)

>> I thinks there's only a wedge/pin that holds the window from sliding, <<
>> couldn't you remove that and just open it? <<

Give it a try and post pics.

-B-

I'll do it tonite.....but E and Junk are barred from viewing them

Count me in for 3 inches.
thanks

I'm good for 3" or whatever the minimum is, whichever is smaller.

i'll take four inches, should we just mail you the cash and return envelope? What do you prefer?

bkgiii said:

what did I do now?
or you just afraid of the wrath of Gods?
E

I'm a UPS shipper and that is how it would go out. The minimum shipping charge, depending on zone, is around 5 and a half bucks. I think the sensible way to go about it, due to the fact that the stuff is much cheaper than what it cost to ship it, would be to get a chunk of it in conjunction with a regular order.

I don't at all mind shipping 2 bucks worth of stuff but spending 5 bucks to do it is a bit odd to me. It kinda makes me feel like SOR when that happens.....:whoops:

bkgiii said:

Oh please bar me too..................just make it a titty bar :flipoff2:

cruiserdan said:
I'm a UPS shipper and that is how it would go out. The minimum shipping charge, depending on zone, is around 5 and a half bucks. I think the sensible way to go about it, due to the fact that the stuff is much cheaper than what it cost to ship it, would be to get a chunk of it in conjunction with a regular order.

CDan,
So far I've counted 3 people(including myself) who leave in the northern CA area who replied to this thread. Do not know about the others who doesn't have location listed, but maybe a group of us could split the shipping cost by having 1 contact person to ship it to and then we'll distribute it among the group....just a thought for those that might not be making a reasonable order for awhile.

Carl

Well - I like the idea of adding a piece of stripping - but when I posted on this many months ago and found that almost everyone had a gap I just decided to seal mine up - as near the coast everything unsealed begins to rust. Mine were small so I used some Lexel (which is clear and nearly invisible when the gap is small) It is much longer lasting than silicone in my experience and it had the effect of reducing the gap size as I think it shrinks slightly as it drys. It might be a good "goop" to use to bond the strip piece to the rest of the strip and hopefully will be enough by itself for very small (.125") gaps.

e9999 said:
what did I do now?
or you just afraid of the wrath of Gods?
E

Nope....too late. You've already made the disparaging LX remark!

Reffug: You're barred too!

Well Sh*% ! You're ALL barred! Mine doesn't even have the latch assembly thing on the DS rearmost pane, and (as usual) Dan's on point: Looks like the wedge / pin thing is from the bottom of the frame. Thought I might could grind it off, but it's not happening.

OH, and Dan: I need about $0.75 worth.....

Send it along with the complete window control panel on the DS door......

I'll take a couple inches(unrelated to the size of my package) :flipoff2:

The Group mailing sounds good. located in SF Area, if anyone wants to ship it to my Mail box. Then we can arrange pick ups. BTW if it's easlier for you Dan, I can send you a RS label via UPS for our items. Are you planning to do a group buy on the weather strips seals for the front doors?

Thanks again for offering another Group Buy! :bounce:

Want to bring this thread back to the top to see where we stand on this. Is this happening or not? If so I'll work up an order of other things I need from Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom