Grom Vline Group Buy Round 2 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My order status still says ship date NA. Anyone else getting different?

Mine said the same thing - NA - up 'til last night. Now, it's got today as the ship date. I think I was one of the first couple to actually place the order. So, yours is likely about to ship.

Hey Dave,

I'm guessing it's too late to add an additional order?

If so, I'll keep an eye out for the next group buy.

Thanks,
Matt
Sorry you missed this one. Grom seems to be accommodating for the group buys so keep an eye out on the forum. I would think another member will get one going again at some point.

It's awesome you guys got so many in the group buy, should help get better feedback to grom for updates and bug fixes with more users on our platform. The linked thread above has a bunch of information over a couple years and would be cool if we could keep any tech on the product in that thread so it's easier to find. Just my two cents.

Anyone try installing this in the center console rather than the glovebox? Seems like it would be a cleaner install.

Anyone try installing this in the center console rather than the glovebox? Seems like it would be a cleaner install.

That's where I plan to put mine, supposing there's room. I've got a USA SPEC BT45 box down there now for bluetooth duties that I hope to just replace with the Grom Vline.

I don't think there's room (and cabling length might get you) but I'd love to be proven wrong. It kind of eats up a lot of the space in the glove box.

If I bought one, I was thinking I'd put either on the driver or passenger foot well, closest to the radio, and as high up as possible.

But I didn't pull the trigger...but that was my thought.

Put mine in glove box. Having issues with phone calls on carplay but support says update coming tomorrow. Otherwise this carplay has been an outstanding upgrade. While not hi-res, the display looks 100x better than before when on google maps or apple music. Highly recommended-

I hope to get mine installed tomorrow. Any one have install pics, screen shots of the display and early feedback?

Damm Missed out on this one

Didnt take install pics sorry. I could snap some shots of screen but it is black as of this morning. I installed gapps last night and apparently that shut the whole thing down. Grom support on case but a bit frustrated.

I was able to fit my VL1 under the center console.

A2EEDF21-76E7-454A-A044-4C2DD7860E20.jpeg

A477C94D-6D74-4FEF-AC25-92061A96088C.jpeg

1C95D0FE-AF96-4BBE-A54D-168D359F6691.jpeg

One more tip. I added a USB extension cable to the second USB port that can be seen in the last pic above. This was run behind the ash tray so I can access it for a firmware reflash (only available on USB-2) without removing the center console.
This turned out to be convenient on more than one occasion when a new OTA update caused issues and I just reverted back to the last stable firmware from the GROM website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom