Grom BT3 for Bluetooth? Anyone try it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone taken pictures of their install of the GROM-BT-3, As I understand from GROM it does replace the the multi cd player, however the person I talked with wasn't sure if it plugged into the back of the radio head unit or at the multi cd player. Anyone know the answers out there?

Can anybody confirm if the GROM unit works with a 1998-2002 LX with Nakamichi? Link? The link on Amazon shows compatibility with the LC, but not LX.

I didn't take pics of my install but I do recall that the way the installation works it does disable/replace the CD changer/player.

Has anyone taken pictures of their install of the GROM-BT-3, As I understand from GROM it does replace the the multi cd player, however the person I talked with wasn't sure if it plugged into the back of the radio head unit or at the multi cd player. Anyone know the answers out there?

Can anybody confirm if the GROM unit works with a 1998-2002 LX with Nakamichi? Link? The link on Amazon shows compatibility with the LC, but not LX.
On gromaudio.com list Lexus ex with Nakamichi as non compatible.

Bummer! I just took the back of my stereo off and I could not see any plug for the CD changer. I have an LX470. I always thought because I have the same head unit as a LC I would be fine.

Looks like I'll have to return / sell the GROM unit and maybe go with the VAIS Soundlinq. Too bad it is twice as expensive.

Bummer! I just took the back of my stereo off and I could not see any plug for the CD changer. I have an LX470. I always thought because I have the same head unit as a LC I would be fine.

Looks like I'll have to return / sell the GROM unit and maybe go with the VAIS Soundlinq. Too bad it is twice as expensive.

The VAIS unit only works if your LX is 2004 or newer...

I installed the GROM-USB3 in my 2001 LC with factory nav and it works great. It replaced the factory 6 disk dvd changer, and I did plug it into the back of the head unit.

leveeguy, that is very intriguing! So I assume switching to DVD in makes the GROM work when installed?

Yea switching to disc is mode it operates on. I haven't tried any Bluetooth with it , I use aux line to play music through factory radio is all I've done so far

^^^bluetooth works great on mine both for music and handsfree phone.

Can you keep any video in option with this unit? Love to keep a line in for video if at all possible.

bt3 has aux in, charging etc. you don't remove the changer, it just becomes inert as it uses the disc player's connection behind the facia.

or you can just do it with bluetooth, which works just fine for tunes and phone.

Just installed the BT3 in my 01 LC no nav/6cd in dash. Was plug and play. @bmann1986, when you say you routed it up the drivers side A pillar/upper headliner, did you remove those pieces and put the mic wire underneath for a hidden install? or was it just routed visibly? I'm curious how to get it discreetly from radio location to the drivers side A pillar.

where have others located their mic?

my mic is in the ceiling console where the little opening is. ran the cables up the a-pillar, or the installer did anyway! all hidden, can't see any of it and it works great. the a-pillar trim seemed to come off really easily and go back on the same.

I just had the VAIS SoundLinQ3 (SL3B) installed on my 2003 LX470. So Bluetooth audio streaming from my iPhone or your Android works on earlier than 2004 models. CD quality sound on all my ML speakers, just as I wanted them. We'll worth the cost. I thought it won't work too, till I talked to Christian of Enfig Car Stereo in Carlstadt NJ. Here's his contact, 201 490 5015 if you want to find out if it will work on yours. I almost settled for lesser quality integration and could have gotten sound on only my front speakers, I was told. Called VAIS several times and was also told it does not work on 2003 and earlier. It was done professionally. Christian also told me that he can install remote start without sacrificing the immobilizer on my LX. That is my next project. Hope this info helps those who have been wanting an excellent Bluetooth integration on their 2003 and earlier Lexus. I am very satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom