Greensboro Area Mechanic/Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations from ONSC members in regard to a good mechanic or shop near Greensboro, NC to work on my 40? My mechanic in Asheboro, NC, Donald Garner, retired a couple years ago looking to see if anyone has someone they can recommend?

What do you need to have done?

Contact morgan at piedmont performance. 336-954-1516. Tell him Andrew sent u.

I use Hodge Garage downtown for routine stuff if it's outside of my time/capability/comfort level. They're not a Cruiser shop but they're almost family and as honest/reasonable as I've ever found. You can send a note asking for Wayne and say that James with the Land Cruisers and the wrx sent you. (although - it wouldn't matter if you didn't know me. they're straight shooters 100%)

Oh and WELCOME!!

Also have Mike Blackmon at Blackmon Imports in High Point that has been into cruisers for years and really been starting to do more and more cruiser specific work over last few years. He actually just became an Ironman dealer as well if anyone local is eyeballing some new toys.

9EBA2D8A-C264-47B2-AEED-E63962359460.jpeg

Outside of routine maintenance, oil changes, valve adjustments, etc. I'm thinking about putting in A/C and power steering.
You might want to contact @mgrs in Virginia about the Vintage Air unit he has. I can assist with a Mudship over the next month as I run up and down 29.

...enabling as he goes

i think thats my cue to place this here...

enablement engaged.jpg

Sorry to dredge this one up, but I'm also looking for a good local shop around the Triad...and preferably one that can handle gearing and/or trans/t-case rebuilds. If anyone has suggestions to accompany the aforementioned, I would appreciate them.

Morgan at piedmont. He can handle all this.

Morgan at piedmont. He can handle all this.

I'll reach out to them, then; thank you. I'm thinking on installing the Sumo overdrive gear set into my 73...if I can figure out which one I actually need. I'm new to this whole "Toyota" thing, so I'm struggling, LOL.

I’d call marshal at trollhole on which gear set and then get Morgan to install it.

Sounds like we need to have a triad meeting, these are all questions that a few choice folks should be answering in person for you :)

Or, see you at Logan’s run?

I’d call marshal at trollhole on which gear set and then get Morgan to install it.

Just sent a PM; thank you.

Sounds like we need to have a triad meeting, these are all questions that a few choice folks should be answering in person for you :)

Or, see you at Logan’s run?

I don't mind buying a round of beer in exchange for information...

@Sundowner you could also try the guys up at Apex Overland in reidsville. They used to share space with Morgan at piedmont performance before moving up the road a bit.

@Sundowner you could also try the guys up at Apex Overland in reidsville. They used to share space with Morgan at piedmont performance before moving up the road a bit.

Thank you! I'll look them up and send a contact; hopefully I'll start getting some responses from the ones I've sent thus far. If not, I found a manual for rebuilding the transfer case...which means that someone will probably be selling me a new transfer case, soon. 🤣

Call Foreign Accents to make an appointment , and ask specifically for for John Spencer, he knows Land Cruisers 40's-100's.

(Full disclosure, we are related)

Last edited:
Hi there, first time post and sorry to hijack this post but felt it was related. I have a 1991 Townace 4WD 2C-T manual that i have a busted shifter cable assembly. Turns out the 33822-28081 or 33822-28080 PN is no longer available anywhere. Just wondering if anyone has had positive experience with a Greensboro shop doing custom linkage or shift cable work? I know this is a long shot but felt it would be worth a try.

Hi there, first time post and sorry to hijack this post but felt it was related. I have a 1991 Townace 4WD 2C-T manual that i have a busted shifter cable assembly. Turns out the 33822-28081 or 33822-28080 PN is no longer available anywhere. Just wondering if anyone has had positive experience with a Greensboro shop doing custom linkage or shift cable work? I know this is a long shot but felt it would be worth a try.
You can try Josh at Apex Overland in Reidsville

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom