Green teail ride in May (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rick your biggest threat to rolling over is on the highway. There should be absolutely no reason to roll the truck over on our green trail ride. Before I got my storage setup I kept everything in two large plastic bins, strapped down tightly. And keeping anything in soft storage bags makes it easiest to secure.

Rick your biggest threat to rolling over is on the highway. There should be absolutely no reason to roll the truck over on our green trail ride. Before I got my storage setup I kept everything in two large plastic bins, strapped down tightly. And keeping anything in soft storage bags makes it easiest to secure.

Yeah - I’m not really worried about rolling it on the trail as much as I don’t want stuff sliding around back there in general. Rollover is the “worst case scenario.”

With that in mind - what did you use as anchor points to strap the tubs down? Roll bar?

@RWBeringer4x4 you are overthinking all of this.

All you need is your truck, a positive attitude, and be willing to accept input from some people who have done this a few times.

You’re in good hands.

@RWBeringer4x4 you are overthinking all of this.

All you need is your truck, a positive attitude, and be willing to accept input from some people who have done this a few times.

You’re in good hands.

I am totally overthinking it. You’ll learn that’s a common theme - go look at the train wreck that is the clustertruck thread!

I’m completely confident I’m in good hands, too - I’m just stoked to be on board for this and want to make sure I’m not entirely clueless or forgetting something crucial or obvious...

A properly secured FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!!!
A large one at that.

It’s all about size to you!
I can get you a 75 lb Clean agent! If that doesn’t put it out you are in trouble.

If you're in a situation where you need a spotter, pick one and do exactly what the spotter wants you to do. Don't switch spotters mid-stream, don't second guess the spotter, don't argue with the spotter, don't act on a sudden impulse. Just do what they tell you to do. If you violate any of these rules, bad things will happen to you and your truck.

There are several very qualified spotters in the club and there are always a couple present on any trail run. Spotters have saved my bacon more times than I can count.

The result of all this will mean you can have a relaxed and fun time on any run.

(P.S.) Any wrinkles or dents on my truck are entirely my doing, not the result of a spotter making a mistake.

I’m very interested. This would be perfect for me as a first run. I saw a few different dates mentioned. Is the green trail ride May 4th?

Hey Guys, I would like to join you all as well, I am not a member yet but as soon as I get my paycheck I will pay the dues. Is there room for one more LX :)

Figured I'd post in this thread, front shocks should be here by Tuesday, helping woody rebuild a Camry engine this weekend, but first thing Monday I will pull the silver 4runner into.the garage and have the rear lift as least in and.have the front ready

This is a stock newbie run. Your going to be disqualified.

I'll still have my 4.30 gears so I'll be stock :p
And I'll also be on the 33s the brown truck was on that are almost gone so that will make up for it too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom