Green teail ride in May (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think we should organize a green trail ride for May. We a have new members that want to give this a try but are unsure about what they are getting into and could benefit from some one on one coaching and spotting.

It would be ideal if we could have a experienced driver with each of our virgins.

We could turn this into a overnight camping event and on Sunday anyone that wants to wheel again and maybe kick it up a level could. I'm suggesting Rausch Creek as I know it well

Me too.

Sounds like a great idea Andy!

May 4th would be the normal club run, then stick around May 5th to wheel some harder stuff. Hopefully a few of the guys who wanted to run greens can chime in and see if that date works for them.

I'm in if I can get up and running again. I want to get my son out on the trails with me and this might be the perfect chance for that.

Is this Green Trail an off-the-well-travelled-path kind of trail or includes crawling of any kind? I prefer the former. Because I dislike breaking things on my 80. I did it once and did not enjoy getting wedged between a rock and a tree stump. (Indeed a rock and a hard place)

Sounds like a great idea Andy!

May 4th would be the normal club run, then stick around May 5th to wheel some harder stuff. Hopefully a few of the guys who wanted to run greens can chime in and see if that date works for them.
The 11th would be our normal club day. But since it's mothers day weekend I like your idea much better!

Is this Green Trail an off-the-well-travelled-path kind of trail or includes crawling of any kind? I prefer the former. Because I dislike breaking things on my 80. I did it once and did not enjoy getting wedged between a rock and a tree stump. (Indeed a rock and a hard place)
The idea would be to cover green trails including what are considered roads, mild crawling and mild trails. Expect scratched wheels and some custom pin stripes from mother nature. Dents and such are solely the responsibility of the driver.

This is intended to be fun but it carries risks associated with it. We will all do our best to teach, build your confidence and prevent damage. That said, s*** happens.

Aren’t we doing second Saturday of the month? Checking my schedule. It’d be nice to get back on the trails.

Aren’t we doing second Saturday of the month? Checking my schedule. It’d be nice to get back on the trails.

Yes, 4/13 is the next official club run.

Yeah Jody it'll be good to see you on the trails again. Now if we can get Stosh back into gear…………..

Having said that I am game for a green ride in May. I think it's a great idea and the timing is perfect, too, with Coal Mine coming up sooner than one might think in early July. Not personally too concerned about the date as long as it's a Saturday. TheMU- we'd be glad to have you along. We've been wheeling with the VA/DC/MD guys for years. That being said yes there is always a chance to do some damage you didn't expect. You're responsible for your own rig; rest assured that we will do our best to avoid/minimize the chances of damage. We've taken an awful lot of newbies through their paces over the years and I don't ever remember one complaint.

I'd like to see what our one member from MD has to say about his first trip or two with the club. He drove his 40 up from MD, I believe without a top, and wheeled without power steering and with stock transfer case gearing. Never saw a more game newcomer. He was awful tired by the end of the day but was certainly happy with the wheeling.

Last edited:
I'm definitely game for a trip down/up. My truck is already damaged somewhat. Adds to its uniqeness!! Just want to avoid catastrophic damages as much as I can. Hehe

As well equipped as your truck is I can't imagine any chance to incur catastrophic damage on any green or most blue trails.

Noted and interested - need to check my availability but would hoping to join.

@shmukster - who is your club member from MD with a 40?? Maybe we could caravan if he’s coming.

I am interested and will be camping if we go. I bet greens will turn into blues by the end of the day! Sounds like a good time for bringing the kiddos out on the trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom