Got my first FJ40 (pics and info) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is the shopline JAU from PPG.

I totally did not put it on thick enough. Lots of coats just not thick smooth coats. Still going to buff and polish and see what happens. It is not smooth for most of the truck. I was too worried about getting runs. I am very pleased either way comparatively. It will still get out on some trails too, so I am am not going for perfect.

I don't know how the hot rod guys do it. I am officially done with body work and painting. Damn near was painting for 2 days straight. Couldnt fell my fingers no more. Way too much dedication for me. I like piece work.

It looks really good. I had 34" x 9.5" TSL's on my old one with 1-1/2" lift for a while. They were tight.

Jamison,
Nice rig for just $310 bucks is definitely a good SCORE.

regards,
HelimanBD.

excellent work!

Could you give me some more info about the corvette mc swap? I was leaning toward a s10 mc on my '70 40 to save room. i'd like to see how the adapter plate bolts in and how the push rod fits. Also, how do you like it? Is the manual much of a PITA over a boostered one? Thanks again, ty

300 bucks....I must have been terribly bad in a previous life. Please Cruiser Gods smile upon me. All kidding aside..you've really made a difference. I, too am interested in learning more about the Corvette MC.........:cheers:dave

Jack, I have been following your build as well. Very nice job. I dont need no speed. Gets me in trouble.
Same deal though, just lookiong for a mild wheeler. I am not putting any lockers in any time soon, Just going to let the gearing and tires get me around for a while. Would like leectric lockers front and rear down the road.

On the corvette master swap. I used my old Clutch pushrod. extended it roughly an inch and made a very pain in the but adapter like Degnol did. 4 hours to make it but it makes the master go on oh so nice. Seen hereCant tell you how it works havent driven it yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

update from this weekend.

Got all items on the truck. Pretty much ready to go. I still have a whole page full of odds and ends to do.
Bleed brakes, rewire some lights, fill up the tranny and xfr, bleed the coolant system from adding in the heater box. Shouldn't be long.

interior

heater box in, twin stick for the dana 300, seats in place, finally some seat belts :lol: only took 3 years.

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Rear jump seats in, Very tight fit to get stock long jump seats in with a custom full cage. As some of you know, I did it with no mods and used the stock mounting locations.

As you can see I squeezed the rear bar in between the arm rest and the cushion. Fits like a glove.

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Winch is on, ya its not an 8274, but I won it in a club raffle. Lucky me.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

rear

IMG_0262.jpg

Still need to resplice the wiper wiring

IMG_0265.jpg

Hub caps on

IMG_0259.jpg

overall

IMG_0260.jpg

Over all I am very pleased. Can't sweat the little things. It is worlds better than before.
As long as it gets it down the road I will call it a success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom