Goose Gear Plates -- Anyone Have Photos of Their Install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Not many good photos out there, website pix could be better. Also--anyone have or plan to order the GG rear plate or second row seat-delete plates in the Los Angeles / San Fernando Valley area? Would love to get a look at the product, preferably outside the vehicle. GG website does not state overall drawer system height, or base plate length.

Last edited:
Funny you ask. I have had the set with 50/50 drawers wrapped up in the back of the 80 for a month. Got it in this weekend.
It's very well built. There is little to no detailed information on these online, no instructions, pretty straight forward tho.
The only plate is the rear if you go 2nd row delete. The delete system attaches to the drawers and has 3 sides, no bottom plate.
Pretty sure your not going to find anyone local, especially with a kit not installed. Their tech support knew who I was with no information or PO number. Tells me they have sold (1) for the 80 in quite some time. Think it took 10-12 weeks....
From what I can tell the rear plate is installed with the carpet pulled. The delete 50/50 is on carpet. I installed it all on Dynamat foam. The liner they use is applied very well but not perfect(damn close tho) downside is it picks up marks and dirt like crazy, Windex and cloth cleans well.

5DA702AB-00B3-4503-A997-5A3C30156F4D.jpeg
C9503504-BAC7-4668-B555-DD3C13566040.jpeg

D727D9E1-9BD2-46ED-8F59-CB9385AF8BFD.jpeg

8FAF38C4-688D-4A2B-9BCC-8EACF097721B.jpeg

B04BA387-0FC9-413D-ADC9-C06F67F9E036.jpeg
D67E566C-FF28-4B6F-A36F-9A4B58CB4FFF.jpeg
0DAC5665-3E2E-4E95-8E58-AC5BD0EFAF85.jpeg
274C02B8-EDE8-4AE5-93CA-DDF6DD6B61F9.jpeg

I added some 1/4-20 threaded posts with lock washer and it made it much easier to assemble the panels.

Funny you ask. I have had the set with 50/50 drawers wrapped up in the back of the 80 for a month. Got it in this weekend.
It's very well built. There is little to no detailed information on these online, no instructions, pretty straight forward tho.
The only plate is the rear if you go 2nd row delete. The delete system attaches to the drawers and has 3 sides, no bottom plate.
Pretty sure your not going to find anyone local, especially with a kit not installed. Their tech support knew who I was with no information or PO number. Tells me they have sold (1) for the 80 in quite some time. Think it took 10-12 weeks....
From what I can tell the rear plate is installed with the carpet pulled. The delete 50/50 is on carpet. I installed it all on Dynamat foam. The liner they use is applied very well but not perfect(damn close tho) downside is it picks up marks and dirt like crazy, Windex and cloth cleans well.
I'm looking at their 'Stealth Sleeping Package' on the website: rear plate and second row seat deletes, with no drawer system. Which would be a good starting point.

They could have your phone number linked to your PO info, so they know it's you before they pick up the phone...

EDIT: Wow, thanks for the pix! MUCH more detailed than the ones on the website...

The area in the 2nd row delete is huge, thank god, I have a lot planned for the area. Really good access and with the 1/4-20 studs I can pull 2 panels per side easy if needed, The 2 hatch doors each side are lockable and also easy access.
Any finished pix? :)

If you do the front plates first for the sleeping package you may let them know if you expand and add the platform. It's possible they will trim the platform to fit. I had the Dynomat so had to make several adjustments and get longer bolts, The base has a ton of threadserts, I think they are called, for add ons. I don't have the front plate so don't know how they address the hump to 80 floor has. I would call them and ask. You will get an answer quick.
I can say it's solid and hard and uses existing OEM threads.

Any finished pix? :)
These pictures are all from this weekend. I have a marine battery, Redark system, OBA, and probably more I'm forgetting ready and waiting. I'll be adding to my build but as always time is tight. I'll be happy to give out close-ups of anything I can including assembly.

If you do the drawers and platform this fits damn good, perfect fit! Took a bit to level the front.
116B40BA-17C6-421F-A079-5B5F4FE22C5D.jpeg

5F259E97-8394-417E-864A-1FB528B48953.jpeg

These pictures are all from this weekend. I have a marine battery, Redark system, OBA, and probably more I'm forgetting ready and waiting. I'll be adding to my build but as always time is tight. I'll be happy to give out close-ups of anything I can including assembly.

Love the exped mega matt duo!!!! I think they designed them for the back of an 80 series lol

Love the exped mega matt duo!!!! I think they designed them for the back of an 80 series lol
I have high hopes!!!! I hung the Delta side panels and was laying on it planning things out after inflating and about fell asleep!!!😂 It's [retty breezy and cold out and I think it warmed the interior up quick just from my body heat pulling into the mat.
The sleeping platform would be light years ahead of the 80 floor but I think this raised platform will be on a whole other level. It will be on the big side for 2,

I'm looking at their 'Stealth Sleeping Package' on the website: rear plate and second row seat deletes, with no drawer system. Which would be a good starting point.
I have some good and bad new from what I see for you on this.
If you do their sleeper package, that's fine and the front looks to mount more solid than the rear surprisingly. This would give you a solid flat floor you can use and pull each or both front plates like the seat delete. Looks like a bit more to it though. This would also give you a solid start on a bench/ cabinet type setup if that's what your after. If you know what your looking for their pictures give more info than you think but they do suck. They are all the same view.
Green- M12 mounts
purple-M6 mounts
White-tie plates
You don't get all the other bolts shown or need them until mounting accessories or tie downs. They are 1/4-20 and cheap to come by.
1650806397421.png

Now the bad news, The front sleeping package doesn't work with the seat delete. ( I would call) and maybe they will modify it for you but I doubt it. They have their hands full with Broncos and Gladiators. It would actually be better to have this base under the seat delete fronts to mount things to but would drive up the cost even more...
First problem, IF you could get it to work, the platform would cut right into the side hatch door.
1650807093065.png

The delete system also sits to the rear more and would run right through the plate door system
1650807236892.png

Kind of one of those things you need to decide up front and go either / or. You can try to sell the fronts if/ when you convert to recoup come cost. As mentioned though, I can add more specific pictures if you need any. My main decision on this was it was the lowest system I could find and saw a few at the MW Expo last year convincing me they were worth the cost(almost) lol. They do come at a premium.

I have some good and bad new from what I see for you on this.
If you do their sleeper package, that's fine and the front looks to mount more solid than the rear surprisingly. This would give you a solid flat floor you can use and pull each or both front plates like the seat delete. Looks like a bit more to it though. This would also give you a solid start on a bench/ cabinet type setup if that's what your after. If you know what your looking for their pictures give more info than you think but they do suck. They are all the same view.
Green- M12 mounts
purple-M6 mounts
White-tie plates
You don't get all the other bolts shown or need them until mounting accessories or tie downs. They are 1/4-20 and cheap to come by.
View attachment 2990640
Now the bad news, The front sleeping package doesn't work with the seat delete. ( I would call) and maybe they will modify it for you but I doubt it. They have their hands full with Broncos and Gladiators. It would actually be better to have this base under the seat delete fronts to mount things to but would drive up the cost even more...
First problem, IF you could get it to work, the platform would cut right into the side hatch door.
View attachment 2990652
The delete system also sits to the rear more and would run right through the plate door system
View attachment 2990653
Kind of one of those things you need to decide up front and go either / or. You can try to sell the fronts if/ when you convert to recoup come cost. As mentioned though, I can add more specific pictures if you need any. My main decision on this was it was the lowest system I could find and saw a few at the MW Expo last year convincing me they were worth the cost(almost) lol. They do come at a premium.
So, hold on--you're saying there are TWO options that delete the seats, and both have storage hatches--but one is taller than the other, to match the drawer height?

Last edited:
So, hold on--you're saying there are TWO options that delete the seats, and both have storage hatches--but one it taller than the other, to match the drawer height?
Correct, the tall seat delete matches the drawers, the sleeping platform matches the rear plate( which is required in both situations)
The sleeping platform will be between the fenders and placed on the body( May start to float up front) leaving much less sleeping room.
The drawer and high seat delete will rest just above the fender and really open the back platform up.
Their 80 system section kinda sucks and is confusing. I only know this because I’ve been studying it forever.

Correct, the tall seat delete matches the drawers, the sleeping platform matches the rear plate( which is required in both situations)
The sleeping platform will be between the fenders and placed on the body( May start to float up front) leaving much less sleeping room.
The drawer and high seat delete will rest just above the fender and really open the back platform up.
Their 80 system section kinda sucks and is confusing. I only know this because I’ve been studying it forever.
Thanks, seems obvious now but I totally missed that. Do you have an overall exterior height measurement for the drawer system, and the front-to-back for the rear plate? Believe it or not, the GG pages I'm looking at don't say.

And, hey, there's a real dearth of quality detail photos on GG installs, so--if you're so inclined--go wild.

Last edited:

They could have your phone number linked to your PO info, so they know it's you before they pick up the phone...

EDIT: Wow, thanks for the pix! MUCH more detailed than the ones on the website...
The stealth sleeping package is a great package. You won't believe how much room you have when you install. Very simple, but great just the same.

I rock one myself, pretty friggin’ sweet. Big though to pack and more than I need. Probably downscale to the single in the future since I don’t need a double bed in the back of the Cruiser. But yes, it does fit real well in the back of an 80 and is super comfy. Beats my 2” thick thermarest any day.

Cheers

Thanks, seems obvious now but I totally missed that. Do you have an overall exterior height measurement for the drawer system, and the front-to-back for the rear plate? Believe it or not, the GG pages I'm looking at don't say.

And, hey, there's a real dearth of quality detail photos on GG installs, so--if you're so inclined--go wild.
Total height including plate is 8 3/4" at the rear, with the slant of the 80 floor I assume this is much taller in the front. They do place bottom fillers on the front to keep it level. If not sure what I'm talking about pull the seats and carper and you will see a rather large left to right hump in the 80 with a big slope downward toward the front seats. It's far from level. As mentioned the wings close just above the rear wells so about as shallow as you can get height wise.
For the front to back, it's a bit covered and hard to get an accurate length of the base but it's designed to pull and fit mid seats. @SoCal80series can possibly get a better dimension as I think he did the sleeping package.

I rock one myself, pretty friggin’ sweet. Big though to pack and more than I need. Probably downscale to the single in the future since I don’t need a double bed in the back of the Cruiser. But yes, it does fit real well in the back of an 80 and is super comfy. Beats my 2” thick thermarest any day.

Cheers
I was hoping to put in in one of the drawers and not even close... I could maybe unfold it and fill an entire drawer but doesn't seem to be smart. You right, it does pack in a bit big but I assume a good thing, easier to do it's job. It does stuff between the Delta modular storage and the GG wing tho!

Cheers

I have gotten to where I can roll mine up pretty nice and tight. I quit using the bag it came with real quick. I fold mine in half length wise and roll it up nice and tight, than I secure it with a couple compression straps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom