Goose Gear 80 Series Engine Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My mechanic got the head back from Ohio, but it came without the shims and lifters. The machine shop is refusing to replace them. I am trying to source them myself. My mechanic is taking the cost of the parts off of his final bill. Apparently there are only 17 lifters in the United States.
:frown:
I ordered the 13 that McGeorge has. They told me that they are on back order 3 - 4 weeks. I ordered 11 from a dealer in Florida, because they are not part of the Toyota USA parts system. I hope they have them. Partsouq has none available. any other places that I can look that may have them? Specifically looking for any Japanese sights that I may be able to order from. Any help would be appreciated!

I was able to get qty 24 lifters (13751-66020) via my local Los Angeles dealership in less than 2 weeks. I just picked them up last week. If you want the contact, just message me.

I was able to locate the last 11 lifters I needed from @Japan4X4. I would thank him, but he told me not to. : - ). Since my mechanic was paying for the shims and lifters I decided to buy the rest of the valves and machine and use the new head. I will be reusing the cams, but otherwise I will have a new long block! I have already sold my old head, so the additional cost to do the new head will be around $250. Looking forward to at long last getting it back.

A quick update - The pandemic has made getting parts difficult. Parts are starting to trickle in, but I am still waiting on the remaining parts for the valves to hopefully get the job done. I have reached out to @Japan4X4 to hopefully get the remaining parts sooner than where I currently ordered from. I was planning on this being done before Christmas, but that is slipping away. Now I am hoping to get it done before the end of January. 😥

But same number for both intake and exhaust side. 24 total.

I have 12 if you are interested. I only ended up replacing the 12 exhaust...

But same number for both intake and exhaust side. 24 total.

I have 12 if you are interested. I only ended up replacing the 12 exhaust...
Looking on partsouq there are two versions of this product: 1FZFE..FZJ80 O/S 0.03 and 1FZFE..FZJ80 STD. Do you know which I need on mine? To answer your question I would be interested, if I need them.

Is there a complete list of parts to build a new head from scratch on here?

I've seen some partial lists but not everything on one place.

Making the last purchases (?) for engine rebuild. The only advantage to this process dragging out is that my wallet has recovered. I purchased a new OEM fuel filter, Aisen fan clutch, and OEM exhaust studs for the rebuild. I was also convinced to purchase new cams so this build will officially be a completely new OEM long block! Waiting on the cams to come - one from New York and the other from San Francisco. I have time as my new head is at the machine shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom