Goodbye auto...in with the H55F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decisions, decisions...

After months of thinking about it, I want to start looking at the H55F swap into my 62. The old A440f is starting to show her wrinkles. Once she gets heat soaked she just doesn't get the power out like she should even with a big tranny cooler.

So...who in Southern California has a shop that can do the work from sourcing the tranny/modification parts to actually doing the installation? I don't have the time or, more importantly, skills to make the swap a good, clean, reliable thing of beauty so I'll need to take it in. I know about Jim Dickey over in Gardena, but he seems to have a pretty full plate. Suggestions?

Thanks.
Todd

Well, there's a couple a bit closer to you --

Mark at Mark's Off road in Burbank, but you'd have to call him to check his schedule. 818-953-9230

TLC4x4 in Van Nuys, but it will cost you $$$.

Richard of K&H Imports LC Specalists in Canoga Park.

Well, there's a couple a bit closer to you --

Mark at Mark's Off road in Burbank, but you'd have to call him to check his schedule. 818-953-9230

TLC4x4 in Van Nuys, but it will cost you $$$.

Richard of K&H Imports LC Specalists in Canoga Park.

Well, TLC is just not even an option as I think their prices for the conversion would be insane.

K&H doesn't do any kind of work like that.

I'll try Mark's to see if he does conversions.

Other than that...still looking around. I'm pretty eager to get this going soon.

Yeah, Georg is a good choice, too, if you're willing to travel. You can PM him - OrangeFJ45 on MUD

thanks for the referrals guys and thanks for the pm.:)

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

My vote would be Mark at Mark's Offroad if he can slip you in his tight schedule since your in his area,if your willing to make the trip norcal go to Georg at Valley hybrid i'm sure he can make room for you and he got other hands in the shop to help him with his projects super cool guy IMHO.

John :cheers:

Another plug for Georg, here. He worked over a transfer case and attached it to an H55F for me. When I drove up to his shop, he had the old one out and the new one in while I fiddled with other stuff I was working on. I drove it on the 3 hour drive home on the same day without incident. First rate guy and first rate service. My .02...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom