1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good price?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Kyle, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Kyle

Kyle

Well, the guy who had the 40th anniversary LC stopped answering e-mails. Guess he's not interested in selling it. The hunt continues. Here's a LEX with similar mileage, what do you all think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2439023996&category=13473

Also, here's a 100 in my price range, what do ya's think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2439017244&category=6443

Thanks
    -K

2. ginericLC

ginericLC Wagon Wheeler! SILVER Star

The Lexus has Lockers! Right now it is priced OK. If it were me, I'd probably go 14,500 or so and not much more. Why are all the Ebay Cruisers in Texas ???

3. Lars

Lars

The lexus has a 'buy it now price' of $13,900.

It's not going to last.

4. Kyle

Kyle

I know jack squat about the 100's (in relation to the 80's) but that must have been a good price on it, it sold. However, it had no locker, front or rear, so no big loss. SO you all like the Lex? I kinda dig it. I hate the cheezy ass fog lights, those are definitely wal-mart specials (or at least they look it) and would have to come off immediately. What about hte chromed rims? They look to be lexus rims, but were they actual factory rims or did someone have them chromed?

Thanks.

5. MTNRAT

MTNRAT SILVER Star

They look to me like factory rims that have been chromed.
    Sean

6. FJ809496TLC

FJ809496TLC 80 series addict GOLD Star

Kyle, it is time to buy now! Pretty soon everybody will have one except you! :D. Just kidding. I have seen factory chrome wheels on both LX and LC. I am not sure what the ratio of LC or LX to population here in Texas, but it seems there's a lot of suvs and trucks here. :-\

7. Kyle

Kyle

I know :flipoff2: I wish I lived closer. Kinda funny, I bought my last car in Dallas too. There's no selection for the "specialized" vehicles here in Arkansas.

8. FJ809496TLC

A bunch of hotsprings though! :D :flipoff2: Just take your time,but not too much. You'll know when the right one comes. :)

9. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    Kyle, with that fairly high mileage it may be a straight car for that price, in which case it's a fairly good deal if it's been in texas from new. However, that's a dealer with no ebay track record. carfax it. If it is a texas car from new, get it inspected and have them particularly check for body repair. If it has changed states I'd give it a miss. Be patient. There's another one coming tomorrow.

10. ppc

ppc M Go Blue

I would also inquire about engine repairs, specifically overheating/head gasket repairs. Lots of pictures of the chrome wheels but only one bad picture of the engine compartment.

11. squeezer

squeezer

Hey guys, I threw a bid on the lexus just for fun. Didn't meet the guys reserve yet. Is anybody around Tyler yexas willing to take a look at this truck for me ?

12. Kyle

Kyle

Man, I post on here for help and someone tries to steal my treasure! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

13. FJ809496TLC

I am going there tomorrow to pick it up for my self! :D Just kidding Kyle. :)

14. Junk

Junk

[quote author=Kyle link=board=2;threadid=6655;start=msg55201#msg55201 date=1067048990]
    but help me, I'm too scared to buy little treasure and someone may steal it.[/quote]

Sooner or later you must swing the bat dude. :flipoff2: