Good Non-Mud Tire? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a better tire IMO 255/85r16 toyo m-55's a bit more than a BFG ...but...it's a better tire...so...you pay for what you get :)

Johnny C, most people don't know about the M-55's. You can get them in a better size for the LC then 255/85/16 which I think are "E" rated. The M-55's will last 100K miles. They use them in rock quarries on heavy duty diesel trucks. I think you can get them in 285/75/16 LT size that are "C" load rated, which would give you a better ride. They are very good looking tires, but they are very serious tires that can handle almost any off road condition.

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Toyo&tiremodel=M-55

Tirerack to your house

Anyone know if Tirerack will ship to your home or do they have to ship to a business?

Jim,

Last year I ordered Revos for the 4Runner online from Tirerack late on a Sunday night. They were on my front porch before 9:30 that Tuesday morning.

-Mark

I ordered some bfg's from Tirerack. The tires showed up a couple days later at my shop. Great place to get tires

Johnny C, most people don't know about the M-55's. You can get them in a better size for the LC then 255/85/16 which I think are "E" rated. The M-55's will last 100K miles. They use them in rock quarries on heavy duty diesel trucks. I think you can get them in 285/75/16 LT size that are "C" load rated, which would give you a better ride. They are very good looking tires, but they are very serious tires that can handle almost any off road condition.

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Toyo&tiremodel=M-55

thats why i was letting him know :grinpimp: if more people buy them ...maybe the price will go down:eek:

Please remind me, what effect do 285s have on performance and at what size is re-gearing recommended. How much is the speedo going to be off when moving from a 275 to a 285 and is it easy to fix.

CONFESSION: I DID NOT SEARCH BEFORE POSTING THESE QUESTIONS!!!!!

Did I kill this thread with my unsearched questions?

Goodyear Silent Armor

I have lots of trail and on road experience with BFG ATs, and they are an excellent, long wearing, very capable on and off road tire. Goodyear ATS and the new Wrangler Silent Armor are also excellent tires, and worth evaluation. I have run the ATS with again excellent on and off road results. My local tire dealer informed me that the Goodyears balance easier and provide a more true result once mounted, than the BFGs. I am going with the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor... Check em out.

A couple of months ago I went with the Yokohama A/T-S in the LT285x75Rx16 size. I'm very happy with these tires so far, I've driven them on-road 90% and off-road the rest including some mud. My LC is my daily driver, so I also wanted a (fairly) quiet ride and the beefy look.

On the re-gearing, I don't notice any difference over the P265x70Rx16 the PO had on there. No issues climbing hills, etc. I will say my gas mileage has gone down about 1/2 mpg approximately...

TireRack had the best price, but I took the printout to a local Discount Tire and they matched. Did all five for the price of four of the BFG's, Goodyears or Bridgestones.

so toyo or bfg?? is the bfg louder..
i was told the toyo was better in the snow??
any one have the 411 on that????

jonah:beer:

Those M-55 look real nice...

How do they perform when aired down? Most of my wheeling is done in Moab on the slick rock, are these going to grip well?

I found them at www.tires-easy.com in 285/75/16 for $209 each.

Those M-55 look real nice...

How do they perform when aired down? Most of my wheeling is done in Moab on the slick rock, are these going to grip well?

I found them at www.tires-easy.com in 285/75/16 for $209 each.

They use them on commercial vehicles in rock quarries, so I would think they would do great at Moab. they say they are the toughest tires you can buy, wear like iron. These were comments made by Dodge Cummins Turbo diesel guys that did some crazy stuff with their very heavy, modified trucks.

im going with BFG because more places...at least around here can get BFGs easier. The avalibility is about the same as getting the stock Michelin LTX M/S' so we will see. Hopefully i wont ever need to get one replaced till the whole set needs to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom