Good hiding spots in the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In our old BJ60 we had some good spots for hiding a purse (my wifes) or a wallet. Under the console and under the rear seat you could hide a bunch of stuff when parking around town and want to keep stuff out of site.

Even when camping I'd leave my wallet in tucked down under the console. Even if somebody was looking they would be unlikely to find it.

The 80 sucks in this regard. Sure you can put stuff in the console but it's full of CDs ect... and my wife purse likely wouldn't fit in there. Under the mid rear seats there is zero room.

Any ideas guys where I can hide valuables?

Riley

P.S. Bad guys don't know how to use the internet right ;)

Edit - I've got an alarm unit under the drivers seat so there's no room there. In fact the power seat mechanics take up a lot of room under the seat.

[quote author=Riley link=board=2;threadid=10300;start=msg91944#msg91944 date=1074487833]
In our old BJ60 we had some good spots for hiding a purse (my wifes) or a wallet. Under the console and under the rear seat you could hide a bunch of stuff when parking around town and want to keep stuff out of site.
[/quote]

...sure, keep your 'purse' and 'wallet' out of site - is that what you kids call that stuff these days ;). I seem to recall that my BJ60 had a pocket on the front of the seat - I used to tuck my wallet in there - under my seat cover.

Sorry, no good suggestions aside from the PS and DS cubbies in the back. I also have decking/drawer unit that covers 1/2 the back for the dog cage and gear. I can hide stuff aft of the rear tire well under the decking - and between the rear of the second seats/cargo cage and the drawer unit. My drawer unit also locks and is 'hidden' under the cage.

Sometimes what I do is fold down one or both of the 2nd Row seats...I am then able to temporarily hide stuff in the space between the front seat and rear seat head rest or in between the 2 folded down seats.

:cheers:

Think like a criminal ... you break in , and start ripping thru the rig . Now would you rip apart , say , a box of kleenex ? Probably not . So what about placing the purse 'within' something in plain sight ? Perhaps :

• A modified Kleenex box .
  • Within a magazine caddy .
  • At the bottom of a fake garbage

If I was leaving it at the airport all the time, I'd consider a fake second battery setup . Setup the tray , but place a cleaned out old battery with removeable top on it and lock it down . Place what you must within it ...

Cheers ,

T

or go the other way... put a wallet out in plain sight, get a really big power inverter, hook a lead up to the wallet, so any prick dumb enough to break in is electrocuted

I wish my mother in law was still around . I was helping clean my wifes parents house over the weekend and her mother could hide so much stuff in plain sight I was very impressed :)
Nothing was as it seemed . I think this woman was the one who invented all that stuff to hide goodies like the fake cleaner cans and wall outlets ;)
I think if you gave her an hour with a 80 she'd be able to hide most of the contents of your house in it :D

the panel on the door that houses the window and door lock controll pops off easily, don't know if a wallet would fit but a wad of cash will.

the cover over the rear view mirror pops off, it's small but a good place for ? ;)

This is where i like to hide my things... :D
shake.gif
shake.gif
shake.gif
shake.gif

i remember when i was in college and wanted to hide my wallet real good ;) i had this coke can that looked, felt, and weighed exactly the same as a coke can. but the top would screw off and you could hide your wallet in there. No one would think anything more than a can of coke in your truck. It even had liquid in the walls of it so when you would shake it it would slosh. :D

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=2;threadid=10300;start=msg92067#msg92067 date=1074522004]
or go the other way... put a wallet out in plain sight, get a really big power inverter, hook a lead up to the wallet, so any prick dumb enough to break in is electrocuted
[/quote]

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about. Turn it into a nice big bug zapper.... :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=10300;start=msg92225#msg92225 date=1074542707]
here's a pic of the "thingie"

it's mine, so it was a tad dirty
[/quote]

Mine looked like that too, and then I put water in it and rinsed out the dirt/dust. Now it's clean.

the left side footpedal rest is hollow plastic and held in place by a couple of screws. A small wallet will fit in there. The jack compartment is a good spot. There is room in a 93 at least behind the glove box accessible from underneath to hang a goodies bag and maybe stash a small purse. Depending on the purse you could put it under the second seat when down or in the middle of the 3rd seats when they are folded up and hanging on the straps.

A guy I know used to stuff illegal things in his intake. Oh yeah, you can hide things under the center console, take out ash tray and put a wallet behind. I can't think off hand but there's a lot of places you could hide things...

The driver's seat has a sheepskin on it. The front edge of the sheepskin is elastic, and I have put my wallet and cash in there before. Very secure, yet immediately accessible to the driver, and you don't have to go through any "look at me hiding my Rolex and wallet so I can go jog" machinations".

DougM

I hide my wallet in a modified panel of cloth on my right buttcheek called a "pocket."

Works great!

*prints all these hiding places out in the event he meets up with any of you and is down on his luck*

Junk,
it would sure be fun looking!!

[quote author=concretejungle link=board=2;threadid=10300;start=msg92639#msg92639 date=1074604954]
Junk,
it would sure be fun looking!!
[/quote]

..you got that right driver! :D

For our Baja trip, I stashed a couple hundred bucks, copies of insurance and registration and a visa card under the rear door step pads. They unscrew really quickly and are not something someone would check. They could be hollowed out a bit more to provide room for a small wallet/watch etc.

-H-

I haven't looked yet, but in my old Heep, I used to stash a money clip under the seats. I would attach the clip to one of the springs and you couldn't see it if you were looking for it. I would have to reach under and feel for it, but it came off fairly easily.

Another trick was to tape a 20 dollar bill (emegency gas money) to the panel on my fuse box. I realize that it's easy to find if you open the lid, but it helped me twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom