For Sale Golden, CO: 1996 LX 450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
THIS IS A PROJECT VEHICLE

$3,000 obo w/o original engine
$5,500 obo if you want original engine + rebuilt engine I have in my garage

Pictures forth coming (there's a polar vortex and it's cold outside right now).

Engines are out, so you'll need a trailer (and some straps to hold up the tranny).

Clean title in hand.

What's good?
  • New toyota seat foam w/ leather land cruiser heaven covers (heating elements installed as well). This is for front and second row
  • Prinsu rack
  • Updated head unit with corded android/apple car play or whatever it is called
  • Interior is pretty clean for it's age. No funky smells, I didn't have pets.
  • When she was running, she was running great.
What need's fixed?
  • She started to pull slow up vail pass (like 25 mph), which is why I yanked the motor
  • I think there is an exhaust leak somewhere (entire exhaust redone in 2018 by Boulder Muffler)
  • Headlights are broken from driving it at work in 2019 up in North Dakota. I purchased Depo lights (which requires a toyota grills). They're included if I can find them.
  • Rust spot under rear windshield. Previous put some lipstick on it. It's still there.
  • Driven in Kansas city and denver, so not rust free
Extras
  • I picked up an upper rear hatch and rear doors from someone years ago. I was going to replace the rusted out one and paint. If you have similar dreams, you can take them.
  • Extra t-case if you want it. I picked it up for cheap a couple of years ago. Supposedly it has Marlin's extra low crawler gear in it. I never opened up to confirm or deny.
  • drive shafts. I think the front was taken from my other cruiser (which was a texas rig and barely any rust). I replaced the u joints. You're welcome to the extra DS.
Original Engine
I don't know what what the issue was. It's out sucking up square footage in my garage.

Rebuilt Engine
I bought another engine which I had rebuilt. All yota parts with the exception of the crank bearings. I had to use Mahle since we were taking a bit more off. I used Robbie's (powderpigs) machine shop, Mountain High Performance, which I believe was part of Robbie's secret sauce and just happens to be 3 miles from my house. I have invoices for the parts and the machine shop.

Disclaimer: while I would consider myself some what competent, I am not a mechanic and there is no warranty. I have an engineering degree and I followed the yota manual to a t when assembling. If it is said build an alter and sacrifice a goat before torqueing a bolt to 44 ft-lbs, I did as the yota manual commanded me.

Rebuilt engine highlights
  • 99% yota parts
  • If it relates to the engine (including hoses) and you can find it in my garage, it goes with the engine
  • Machine work and head done by MHP. Engine was also balanced by MHP.
  • new yota cams in the head
  • Toyota's largest pistons, whatever size they are
  • it has that fancy head gasket which name escapes me right now
  • I supplemented Joey Romero's life to the tune of $6k. So the upper oil pan has a -10 male nipple hanging out the side. I'm so confident Joey will never make good on his order, so you can have my "spot in line" if you buy the whole kit and caboodle.

"Build thread"

Here is a spreadsheet of all work I have done or paid to have someone do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom