going to play (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

getting ready for the side trail
stuck (badly), Simon, look familar?
049.JPG
051.JPG
056.JPG

i missed gettign a shot of me hooked to Matt while winching to a tree. the 12V winch sucks in comparrison to a 12V winch running on 24V!!
thankfully the strap was expendable so after a couple of cuts by matts trusty knife i was free from him.
then with matt jumping up and down on the winch cable i was unstuck.
at this point i repositioned myself to pull Matt out using my 100 ft tuggum rope shortened to 30 feet by traversing 3 times from vehicle to vehicle. even now it was a bugger to get him free from Mother Natures grasp.
once out we decided to head back to the main road instead of proceeding along the trail.

look familure Simon, your hole claimed another victim!!

it was fun but the day was getting short so we took the north road out.
057.JPG
059.JPG
061.JPG

heading back to the main road
after parting ways i took one last shot with the sun setting.

beautiful day as usual, even if it would have been high winds and huge flakes it would have been great to be out.

cheers guys
064.JPG
069.JPG
071.JPG

awesome pics! did you guys make it further that we did last time? looks like you guys had a good time.

i would of liked to of come, but i need to service my front axle, the whole thing. i am looking for somewhere to take care off this. i cant go offroading until i do this maintenance.

i know i am a bit of a drive Simon but if you want it serviced just bring it up and find a ride home and back. it is what i do. i am not cheap but i do get the job done right.

Dave, the tractor tires rock but they also take a lot of the fun out of the challenge. i like using them when i have a group of people or if the terrain is questionable then i know (or at least much better chance of) getting us to the trail head. the ice radials are wickedly good for what we were doing yesterday. the tractor tires would have been a crawl, no stuck adventure.

Matt, once again thanks for making the drive up for the day in the sun.

Great pics Wayne! Looks like a ton of fun (way better then the Xmas shopping I was doing).
Dave

hey wayne, i bet you do great work and thanks for the offer, but i can and have done the service myself and honestly cannot afford to have it done by anyone. i just need somewhere to do it. my parents wouldnt be very happy if i did it in the drive way and the driveway is on a big slope and its pretty dang cold out. i rebuilt my transfer case outside in the middle of december last year, and that was hellish.
what i need is a garage/shop and someone for welding if i do a spring over

what i have/ need to do:
install new startwheel adjusters in the rear, bleed lsvp
install new axle shafts/birfield and inspect axle bearings/seals.
i have a marlin high steer kit to fix a worn out t.r.e
and if that doesnt fit on sua truck i have new perchs/soa kit and a set of 35in mtr's...
i also feel pretty damn confident to do a cut and turn if im gonna do spring over.
but need a welderman since i lack welding experience

sorry to highjack this thread with my truck issues. but i cant go offroading till i have addressed some of the above.

I had a fabulous day! thanks for hosting Wayne. Sun was out temp was perfect and lots of fresh snow! I got to try out my new tires and I was very impressed I love winter tires! here are a few pics from my point of view!

Wayne coming though the first hole
PC120526 (Large).jpg

I wasn't actually stuck @ this point I just had stop as the pucker factor was simply to high!
PC120527 (Large).jpg

Wayne worked on this hill for about 20mins and did finally make it up with a little outside guidance.
PC120532 (Large).jpg
PC120526 (Large).jpg
PC120527 (Large).jpg
PC120532 (Large).jpg

A few more pics! Also Simon I am heading up to my cottage this week from Monday night to friday and you are welcome to come up and work on your truck. I have a heated garage it's a little tight but I did my front axle in there. I have a welder but not sure if my skills are up to weld a front axle!

Wayne getting ready to give me a tug
PC120529 (Large).jpg

Wayne working on that hill! the front tire kept coming off the ground a slight left turn and he was good to go.
PC120535 (Large).jpg

nice pic of the mutant in the woods
PC120539 (Large).jpg
PC120529 (Large).jpg
PC120535 (Large).jpg
PC120539 (Large).jpg

Snow driving looks great fun
awsum pics wouldnt mind trying some snow driving one day

snow is a lot like sand just cold. same principles apply.
fly up and i will take you out for a couple fun runs.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom