Going rate on a MillerMatic 210 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to buy a welder and some guy is trying to sell me a MillerMatic 210 with a large bottle. Can you guys help me with how much I should pay for the welder. What is the going rate. Machine is in good shape (So he claims). I should see some pictures soon. Machine is about 2-3 years old.

Your help is greatly appreciated

What is the asking price?

If the large cylinder is customer owned and NOT leased, it is a very good deal. Just make sure the welder is in good condition and not all beat up. Serial # will tell you the age of the welder. If it is only 2 years old, it may still be under warranty depending on the manufacturing date.

Ask for the serial # of the unit to see how old it is. I'd offer less than the asking price and offer cash and see what kind of a deal you can negotiate. The economy sucks right now and there are lots of welders for sale.

Do you think he will laugh at me if I gave him $700-$800? Welder looks like its in good condition.

Charles, thanks for your input. Helps a lot.

Do you think he will laugh at me if I gave him $700-$800? Welder looks like its in good condition.

He is probably another broke azz fool that used his house as an ATM machine. Carry 6 C´notes over and tell him to load it in the truck. Rent a bottle from the local supply house.
:cool:

It would not hurt to try. Just tell him you're broke and you're working with a tight budget.

I would advise against leasing a welding cylinder. It is not worth it for most home/hobby users since they'll charge you $8-10 per month or more for the lease. Just make sure the cylinder is not a leased one.

Talk to the seller and try to get a feel for his situation. Ask why he/she is selling it.

I have three of them at work. I'd offer him $800 for it and see if he bites. You can always offer more later.

The whole leasing thing never sat well with me. Own it or it will own you is how i think of it.

X2 on not leasing bottles. I did that for about a year and wish I had just bought.

Bought one about a month ago that was really clean. It didn't have a bottle. Paid $750. I'm happy.

Fell asleep on the wheel and the guy sold it to someone else. Now looking at a Lincoln Idealarc SP250 (Digital version).

Any comments on that one?

i'd stick with a miller or a hobart, hobart if you are looking to mostly stay with steel...i have a millermatic 250 that i bought a little over a year ago for $1200 cdn nd it came with a 12" bandsaw...the lincolns are pretty good..i was using one for a fair while when i was going to school for welding but i still prefer the miller for a home welder.

also go with a customer owned bottle like the others have said..that way if your not using the bottle...your not paying anything for it! and buy the biggest bottle you can afford/easily fit. i have a small bottle and am ALWAYS re-filling it, however where im at i had a very limited selection as far as customer owned bottles go..i would like to buy a larger co2 bottle and see if i can find anybody who will fill it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom