Going rate on a MillerMatic 210

Discussion in 'Tools and Fabrication' started by F4MDTWR, Feb 12, 2009.

1. F4MDTWR

F4MDTWR

I am looking to buy a welder and some guy is trying to sell me a MillerMatic 210 with a large bottle. Can you guys help me with how much I should pay for the welder. What is the going rate. Machine is in good shape (So he claims). I should see some pictures soon. Machine is about 2-3 years old.

Your help is greatly appreciated

2. fj40charles

fj40charles GOLD Star

What is the asking price?

3. F4MDTWR

F4MDTWR

$1000

4. fj40charles

fj40charles GOLD Star

If the large cylinder is customer owned and NOT leased, it is a very good deal. Just make sure the welder is in good condition and not all beat up. Serial # will tell you the age of the welder. If it is only 2 years old, it may still be under warranty depending on the manufacturing date.

Ask for the serial # of the unit to see how old it is. I'd offer less than the asking price and offer cash and see what kind of a deal you can negotiate. The economy sucks right now and there are lots of welders for sale.

5. F4MDTWR

F4MDTWR

Do you think he will laugh at me if I gave him $700-$800? Welder looks like its in good condition.

Charles, thanks for your input. Helps a lot.

6. Super Tico

Super Tico

He is probably another broke azz fool that used his house as an ATM machine. Carry 6 CĀ“notes over and tell him to load it in the truck. Rent a bottle from the local supply house.
    :cool:

7. fj40charles

fj40charles GOLD Star

It would not hurt to try. Just tell him you're broke and you're working with a tight budget.

I would advise against leasing a welding cylinder. It is not worth it for most home/hobby users since they'll charge you $8-10 per month or more for the lease. Just make sure the cylinder is not a leased one.

Talk to the seller and try to get a feel for his situation. Ask why he/she is selling it.

8. tltaylor22

tltaylor22

I have three of them at work. I'd offer him $800 for it and see if he bites. You can always offer more later.

The whole leasing thing never sat well with me. Own it or it will own you is how i think of it.

9. Cuerno Largo

Cuerno Largo SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    X2 on not leasing bottles. I did that for about a year and wish I had just bought.

10. Leaping Deer

Leaping Deer

Media:
    Albums:
    Bought one about a month ago that was really clean. It didn't have a bottle. Paid $750. I'm happy.

11. F4MDTWR

F4MDTWR

Fell asleep on the wheel and the guy sold it to someone else. Now looking at a Lincoln Idealarc SP250 (Digital version).

Any comments on that one?

12. yotawheeler

yotawheeler

i'd stick with a miller or a hobart, hobart if you are looking to mostly stay with steel...i have a millermatic 250 that i bought a little over a year ago for $1200 cdn nd it came with a 12" bandsaw...the lincolns are pretty good..i was using one for a fair while when i was going to school for welding but i still prefer the miller for a home welder.

also go with a customer owned bottle like the others have said..that way if your not using the bottle...your not paying anything for it! and buy the biggest bottle you can afford/easily fit. i have a small bottle and am ALWAYS re-filling it, however where im at i had a very limited selection as far as customer owned bottles go..i would like to buy a larger co2 bottle and see if i can find anybody who will fill it...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.