Going on a trip for 3 weeks- disconnect battery? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EOS

Threads
Hi

Im taking off to Nevada and Cali for 3 weeks, and my LX470 stays home.

Question is, should I disconnect the battery or will it last 3 weeks with alarm on ?
Any experience with the 100 during an extended rest is appreciated ! BTW, the battery is almost new.

Thanks in advance !

It should last but it may not be the best for your battery. I say disconnect. If you go on these trips often, you should get a battery tender.

I've gone on several multiweek trips and didn't disconnected the battery in most cases and never got a discharged one...

I would not disconnect the battery since it would erase all the ECU leaned parameter from driver but it also depend on the quality of the alarm install. If they install it properly it should run ok but I heard too many problem with after market alarm. If you do disconnect the truck would run a bit poor for a little bit after you reintall the battery while the ECU readjust all their parameter.

Mine sits for weeks at a time and the battery has been fine.

Don't disconnect. Catch 22. If you need the protection of the alarm, then trust it to the battery, if you don't need the alarm, then don't set it and the battery will be fine.

why do you think the alarm would be a large drain anyway?

Thanks for the advice. I have only had my LX470 a month, the alarm is the factory unit so I wasnt sure how long I could go. My Bimmer usually kills its battery after about 3 weeks and my Brothers 2000 4Runner can only seem to go a few weeks before their batteries die.

Anyways, battery will stay connected per and thanks again....

The Odyssey battery in my Acura is fully discharged after about 4-5 weeks with the OEM alarm disarmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom