Going back to OEM Carb, so need help... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Just got a new 74 FJ40. Current setup is the s*** weber 38 Carb. Want to go back to an OEM carb. I was told I would also need to go back to OEM linkage to make this work, is that correct? If so, what do I need to make this a smooth carb swap? Acceleration Linkage? OEM Acceleration Cable? No idea what was removed/changed to install this Weber crap.

Welcome any help (and or spare parts).

IMG_6435.jpeg

I went from a Rochester to oem. Course, the air filter I had was for a 6 month only production run oem carb so I went with it. Still haven’t found the right fuel hard pipe. The accelerator cable was the simplest part. Just got an oem replacement from a vendor. The linkage and things *should* be on whatever carb you go with, I would think.

Post a pic under the hood of the carb and firewall and also a pic of your pedal setup so we can see what you're working with. If it's already been converted to a cable, then you can go with a pre-74 throttle cable type oem carb. 74 and later will have the linkage from the pedal.

Post a pic under the hood of the carb and firewall and also a pic of your pedal setup so we can see what you're working with. If it's already been converted to a cable, then you can go with a pre-74 throttle cable type oem carb. 74 and later will have the linkage from the pedal.
Did not know that about the 74+ throttle linkage. Ignore my comment, OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom