Glovebox help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HMP

Threads
Im hoping for some pics and information so I can sort out how to fix my glovebox
It's missing, it seems, the striker for the door, so when I push the glovebox door up...nothing happens, it'll flop back down.
Where to source this and the two screws/bolts to replace?

Also, I said it flops down - what is supposed to keep it from going all the way down? Is there a cable that Im missing or is it part of the hinge? But it just goes, almost, straight down instead of creating a little platform

Any help would be great. I dont know where to find a replacement striker and what to do about it just flopping down.

This is what mine looks like.
Hopefully this helps.
IMG_0982.jpg

Ok, Im missing that circular part on the side as well as the striker above THANK YOU.
OFF TO THE CLASSIFIEDS! ha

Cruiserparts will likely have that kind of hardware used, but not necessarily listed on their site.

Actually, they might get those two parts right. They don't sell much of anything new - its mostly stuff they pull off vehicles in their yard. There are plenty of members here who have had terrible experiences with more consequential parts. That being said, there are also some who got lucky and have weighed in accordingly when the rest of us have bad mouthed them. Personally, I wouldn't order anything from them, given my experience. Don't ask.

Actually, they might get those two parts right. They don't sell much of anything new - its mostly stuff they pull off vehicles in their yard. There are plenty of members here who have had terrible experiences with more consequential parts. That being said, there are also some who got lucky and have weighed in accordingly when the rest of us have bad mouthed them. Personally, I wouldn't order anything from them, given my experience. Don't ask.
I wont pry, thank you for your input and I'll keep that in mind as I go through this FJ journey. Or, I guess, FJourney ha

WOW, yall are great.
Ive just paid for the striker and limiter from one of the members.
Thanks for all of the help

go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom