Getting ready to rebuild the might 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so i have now got a place to rebuilt the 60. With 800k km on her it will be a ground up restoration.

I have a few (alot) questions:

Currently she has a 3F, and is 5 speed manual, but wanting to change to a 12HT or maybe a LS V8. Any thoughts on how easy it will be vs. money requirements. What will i need to swap for the diesel? Another option is to get a manual 1HD-T 80 series chassis and put it under the 60 body, what would be needed for this?

I would also be interested in hearing any mistakes or regrets people have when they did their own rebuilt and what they would do differently.

Also, i would like to hear what your ideal 60 rebuild would be.

This 60 is used by a not for profit research group, and i hope to get a lot of what is required sponsored from various manufacturers, so any suggestions for who to contact would also be appreciated, and who to go to for parts and who not too.

Exciting times ahead :D

Located in Australia, but i am sure i will be sourcing parts world wide to make it that much better. Will get pictures up later in the week.

I will follow the build, sounds interesting.
I think the least complex of the options you mention, I's the 12ht swap.
You could source a donor and swap most of its guts, then sell the rest. First make sure engine is all good, minor or full rebuild would be nice before you whack it in there.

Or if you are into doing something complex and almost unique, do the 80+60!!

Cheers!

your best option is to STUDY other build threads on these subjects. You might get some pointers here, but the most details will come from reading others' experiences. I can't remember all the points on my build, so I use my Table of Contents in post #1 of my thread to go back and see what things cost in $ and in effort

for 5.3L LS build, you look at $10,000 plus/minus all depending
no idea for a diesel - read threads and ask there.

dougbert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom