Getting ready for the painting!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now all i need to do is prime and paint. I decided to go back to rustic green. After i ended up sanding everything i noticed she is almost rust free with the exception of two minor penny size spots.

Enjoy.
chrome_2.jpg
chrome_1.jpg

Last edited:
Those are new rear quarters, correct? What did you remove your paint with?

Sheeeeeit...........Chrome that bad boy

Krylon clear coat over that should do just fine... Keep us posted. This may be the Summer I do it.

I used a 7" sander/polishing unit i bought from harbor freight. I used 50grit to removed the "7" layers of paint that were on her. It took me about a total of 12 hours to sand her down. Until i paint it i'll need to patch some drill holes the PO made so i will probably get some clear coat at autozone and put that over it until i get ready to paint. Will i need to resand the clear coat off before i prime her?

I used a 7" sander/polishing unit i bought from harbor freight. I used 50grit to removed the "7" layers of paint that were on her. It took me about a total of 12 hours to sand her down. Until i paint it i'll need to patch some drill holes the PO made so i will probably get some clear coat at autozone and put that over it until i get ready to paint. Will i need to resand the clear coat off before i prime her?

The original paint must have been yellow. (Hence the yellow lawns I see in the background.)

The health department should do a survey in your area for respiratory ailments and carcinogens. (Same around my place too!)

:D

Last edited:
Are you doing the paint?? Iam guessing that the clear coat will need to be removed again....that is is a shop is going to shoot it for you.

Looking good! is it going to be ready for Round up? ;)

I would wipe it down with something to remove the oils, dust, and other contaminates, then spray on a coat of self etching primer. Then, when you are ready to paint, you won't have to remove the primer and the metal won't be flash rusted.

I would wipe it down with something to remove the oils, dust, and other contaminates, then spray on a coat of self etching primer. Then, when you are ready to paint, you won't have to remove the primer and the metal won't be flash rusted.

X2.
If you clear coat it you my find you will miss bits in seams and on edges when sanding it back off again, and this could cause your new paint to flake away on the edges allowing in moisture, and we all know what that leads too :crybaby::bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom