Get this-New Purchase Goes Sour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, just when you think the world couldn’t be any more ridiculous here’s another example.

So I recently purchased a brand new LC200, they made me fly out there, almost 3 hours each way, and drive a further 2 hours each way from the airport to where they were located.

I see it, I buy it and fly home. I completed all the paperwork there.

In short I told them I was in an extreme rush to get the documentation so I could register it in my home state. They don’t allow temp plates in my home state. They still told me I had to pay them $200 for temp plates, even though it was being shipped by freight from their parking lot to my home. And even now I can’t use the temp plates here, it’s illegal to do so.

Anyways I need the title or confirmation of ownership cert to register it here, until then it’ll remain off the road. They told me they processed the paperwork to their states DMV at the time of sale and to be rest assured. I called Monday to confirm, no answer, emails, phone calls, no replies. It was just like ‘we got we we wanted out of the sale now we are done with you’

No replies, I contact the general manager, still no replies. I even started contracting the state DMV asking was anything sent in, they said nothing! They told me all this time it could be electronically sent, and it’s instant, and I’d have my letter in the mail after that. A
Week passes and still they are sitting on their asses while I scramble running to work, then leaving to run and drop the kids to daycare and then scrambling back to work again and leaving early to collect the kids etc as my wife doesn’t have the use of the LC

So it’s just been complete neglect and incompetence and lack of care from them. So today I got an email from the dealer asking for an ‘anonymous internal review’ and I said what I had to say...this is where it gets crazy

An hour later the sales man is on my business web page leaving multiple bad reviews about the business I own and where I work as an employee. I called him and he picked up the phone, I said it’s me and he hangs up. So I called his boss and she’s telling me ‘well he’s upset because of the review’. So she’s defending him?

Basically it’s fraud and slander and harassment and he’s found out where I work from the Toyota paperwork I completed.
The general manager still wouldn’t reply to me so I called Toyota North America HQ and reported it.

What would you do?
Isn’t this crazy? Nobody is accountable these days and suddenly he’s a victim here

Meanwhile he’s left 12 other businesses reviews, all 1 stars, he even left a 1
Star review on a business cos they gave him the wrong sandwich and he had to wait 20mins for a new one

His incompetence has literally cost me days...and a few thousand in lost income

What would you do? Shouldn’t my files be protected and confidential info?

Wow that’s horrible. I typically “buy the seller” and their reputation. I don’t really know what I would do in this case.

You’re certainly doing the right thing to ask opinions, and I would keep reaching out to Toyota to see their response.

Why did dealer send paperwork to their state and not your home state? I have always bought from out of state dealers, and they send directly to my home state DMV. Or I take the certificate of origin and register it at dmv myself.

Def crazy stuff. Hope it gets resolved.

Wow that’s horrible. I typically “buy the seller” and their reputation. I don’t really know what I would do in this case.

You’re certainly doing the right thing to ask opinions, and I would keep reaching out to Toyota to see their response.

Why did dealer send paperwork to their state and not your home state? I have always bought from out of state dealers, and they send directly to my home state DMV. Or I take the certificate of origin and register it at dmv myself.

Def crazy stuff. Hope it gets resolved.

They said in their state the paperwork must be sent to their DMV because it was financed in their state.
The frustrating thing is I had my own financing but they wanted me to do financing with them because ‘things would be much easier and smoother’
Not so! Has nothing to do with the fact they get commission right

a toyota corporate phone call will resolve that problem real fast.

I called Toyota HQ and spoke with customer care. They took the details but said all dealerships are independently owned, they just deal with manufacturing issues. They would report it to the dealership, and the dealership would respond to me. I asked what if I want to accelerate it from there and she just replied well that’s up to them! I can’t see them rating themselves out....it’s ridiculous that they handle their own complaints and are a law into themselves

If anyone else knows what I should do or who to contact do let me know

So, just when you think the world couldn’t be any more ridiculous here’s another example.

So I recently purchased a brand new LC200, they made me fly out there, almost 3 hours each way, and drive a further 2 hours each way from the airport to where they were located.

I see it, I buy it and fly home. I completed all the paperwork there.

In short I told them I was in an extreme rush to get the documentation so I could register it in my home state. They don’t allow temp plates in my home state. They still told me I had to pay them $200 for temp plates, even though it was being shipped by freight from their parking lot to my home. And even now I can’t use the temp plates here, it’s illegal to do so.

Anyways I need the title or confirmation of ownership cert to register it here, until then it’ll remain off the road. They told me they processed the paperwork to their states DMV at the time of sale and to be rest assured. I called Monday to confirm, no answer, emails, phone calls, no replies. It was just like ‘we got we we wanted out of the sale now we are done with you’

No replies, I contact the general manager, still no replies. I even started contracting the state DMV asking was anything sent in, they said nothing! They told me all this time it could be electronically sent, and it’s instant, and I’d have my letter in the mail after that. A
Week passes and still they are sitting on their asses while I scramble running to work, then leaving to run and drop the kids to daycare and then scrambling back to work again and leaving early to collect the kids etc as my wife doesn’t have the use of the LC

So it’s just been complete neglect and incompetence and lack of care from them. So today I got an email from the dealer asking for an ‘anonymous internal review’ and I said what I had to say...this is where it gets crazy

An hour later the sales man is on my business web page leaving multiple bad reviews about the business I own and where I work as an employee. I called him and he picked up the phone, I said it’s me and he hangs up. So I called his boss and she’s telling me ‘well he’s upset because of the review’. So she’s defending him?

Basically it’s fraud and slander and harassment and he’s found out where I work from the Toyota paperwork I completed.
The general manager still wouldn’t reply to me so I called Toyota North America HQ and reported it.

What would you do?
Isn’t this crazy? Nobody is accountable these days and suddenly he’s a victim here

Meanwhile he’s left 12 other businesses reviews, all 1 stars, he even left a 1
Star review on a business cos they gave him the wrong sandwich and he had to wait 20mins for a new one

His incompetence has literally cost me days...and a few thousand in lost income

What would you do? Shouldn’t my files be protected and confidential info?

I think you have a legal leg to stand on as far as them using your personal info against you. I cannot speak on behalf of your states laws, but I can say at the dealer(not Toyota) i work for, I have to take quarterly online trainings specifically for customer protection laws including private info given during the transaction... it’s called something like “customer privacy act”...

PM me, I’ll happily retrieve as much info as I can...

I had an issue with my dealer. Reported it to Toyota of NA and then received a call from the Customer Relations Manager from the dealership. Does your dealer have such a person? My issues were all resolved after my connection with that person. Good Luck.

I had an issue with my dealer. Reported it to Toyota of NA and then received a call from the Customer Relations Manager from the dealership. Does your dealer have such a person? My issues were all resolved after my connection with that person. Good Luck.

Yes. I spoke to her before I contacted Toyota, then Toyota report it back to her. She was useless, started saying ‘well you did give him a bad review so I can understand’ I’m like are you crazy! You can understand him coming after your customer at his workplace and business giving a bad review when he’s never been my customer and it was me in fact spending over $80k on the most expensive vehicle you’ve had in your parking lot!!

Then I said if your defending him I’m contacting my lawyer. Then she said well I want to see the proof, so I sent her screen shots of his reviews
So Toyota made a file on it and she has until 12 noon tomorrow to contact me

I feel like she is pointless and brazen and just out to take his side only She made that clear already with her reaction I was dumbfounded

Advise and then record all conversations. Get as much as possible in writing with clear name and title.
Where is the truck right now? On freight?

Yes. I spoke to her before I contacted Toyota, then Toyota report it back to her. She was useless, started saying ‘well you did give him a bad review so I can understand’ I’m like are you crazy! You can understand him coming after your customer at his workplace and business giving a bad review when he’s never been my customer and it was me in fact spending over $80k on the most expensive vehicle you’ve had in your parking lot!!

Then I said if your defending him I’m contacting my lawyer. Then she said well I want to see the proof, so I sent her screen shots of his reviews
So Toyota made a file on it and she has until 12 noon tomorrow to contact me

I feel like she is pointless and brazen and just out to take his side only She made that clear already with her reaction I was dumbfounded

they sent you the survey... you didn’t go out of your way. Dealers offer incentives to the sales people for good survey scores, I bet you tanked the sales persons average...

Advise and then record all conversations. Get as much as possible in writing with clear name and title.
Where is the truck right now? On freight?

Sitting in the garage. Can’t be driven without title and registration
All due to these incompetent morons sitting on it almost a week of me calling day after day to submit it

Crap! What a mess! Sorry to hear this.

Document every touch point and transaction to date with dealer. Document everything you can on the negative reviews. Document everything going forward with time and date and name and title. Keep a journal or log. IMHO The dealer is in potentially extremely deep water if their employee is acting on personal information.

You should get in contact with someone (Attorney) who specializes in the UCC Uniform Commercial Code. (if really needed)
If you have your own business you probably have an Attorney who can point you in the right direction. (if really needed)

Something sounds really out-of-whack with this situation.

Either they really are not familiar with selling to out of state folks, especially to your state that is very strict. or...
They over read their laws and sold you useless temp tags and messed up the out of state sequencing for your paperwork.
It shouldn't be that compicated… incompetence compounded by know it all ego is a real possibility...

Was this vehicle "New 5-10 miles" or never titled like "Owner's wife used it for the winter 3,500 miles" new car sale...

Sounds like the guy who usually handles this kind of paperwork at the dealership was on vacation.

Then the personal attacks happened via the internet ratings war...

Sounds like the guy causing trouble for you has never been to your business...

Maybe write back and ask him for a time and date... And then a receipt#... To help you sort it all out...

The Idiot's ego with just a little help will probably place him on the Paper Trail Road of Death...

Don't leave any bad reviews about the dealer online if you plan to sue. Let an attorney take it from here. It might just take a letter from an attorney to straighten things out before needing to file suit.

Don't leave any bad reviews about the dealer online if you plan to sue. Let an attorney take it from here. It might just take a letter from an attorney to straighten things out before needing to file suit.
I agree and actually I wasn’t planning to give a bad public review like most people do these days including this guy. It was meant to be an internal private review, for their own improvement.

but again, what is the benefit of me paying for a lawyer? I’ve to pay for him to remove his fake review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom