Gave the 40 an Axe, not "THE" Axe :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well actually I was just replacing an old axe that had gone missing or bit the dust for some reason. Looking around on the web I located this Fiskars 28".

51ctNj6yGsL._SL1000_[1].jpg

My old axes always had wooden handles which eventually died from exposure. Now I'll see how this composite one holds up. I found it locally at Sears for just over $30 on close out sale.

After a few light modifications to the mount because the head is slightly thicker and the handle slightly larger I introduced it to its' new home.

DSC01899.JPG

Now the blade on this axe is nice and sharp from the factory and it came with a protective cover. I just had to figure out how to modify it so that it would work on my carrier. After making some reference marks with painters tape it was a simple matter of a few cuts.

DSC01900.JPG

DSC01902.JPG

Now I don't have to worry about small kids or curious adults cutting their fingers on the blade.

DSC01904.JPG

Always better to be safe than sorry! :)

Bought one of those fiskars axes last year, great axe for the money, I don't have a single complaint about it. Mounting looks great on your front bumper.

Very nice install---

gave mine the axe years ago .literally right through the hood drove around like that for quite a while until the police told me to remove it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom