Gauge Pods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yomama.net
Cage? You have a roll bar in your LC? Interesting. That looks like a good place for guages, not sure if I would want to remove my anniversary badge though....

Yomama

Looks great!

Where did you end up putting your Water Temp Probe?

How hard was the install?

[quote author=Houston 80 link=board=2;threadid=16982;start=msg164492#msg164492 date=1085598102]
Looks great!

Where did you end up putting your Water Temp Probe?

How hard was the install?

[/quote]

There is a bung on top of the water filler neck. Drilled in place and tapped 1/8 npt in place and screw the sensor in. Only needed to run 1 wire from the sensor to the gauge. Switched Power and gauge dimming power is in the console already- just tapped in. Done deal

Phil

good point, sorry i looked at pic before reading.

What will your other gauge be for? Got pics of the installed water temp sender?

For you guys with the older style dash, that has a bit more room under the radio, has anyone tried mounting a three pack? I have two on the pillar and need a few more.

[quote author=Lars link=board=2;threadid=16982;start=msg164670#msg164670 date=1085613395]
What will your other gauge be for? Got pics of the installed water temp sender?
[/quote]

Additional gauge - EGT
Drilled and tap with radiator full..lost maybe 1 pint of fluid….10min max to complete

Phil

Did those cup holders come with you're truck or did you get them aftermarket? I've got the one from slee in the dash but havn't seen those. They are sweet.

[quote author=pound3151 link=board=2;threadid=16982;start=msg164757#msg164757 date=1085622703]
Did those cup holders come with you're truck or did you get them aftermarket? I've got the one from slee in the dash but havn't seen those. They are sweet.
[/quote]

Cup holders are part of an aftermarket console. Cut off the part needed drywall screwed from the inside of the factory console.

Phil,

Yer some kind of wild man to come up with "things to add" to an 80 that already has everything!!

Install looks great! Keep us up on all mods w/ pics! :D

[quote author=LandCruiserPhil link=board=2;threadid=16982;start=msg164740#msg164740 date=1085620770]
Additional gauge - EGT
[/quote]

Phil... More info on this as well please. Where is the sending unit? Got pics?

I want to run those temp gauges as well as tranny temp (any ideas here?).

Thanks!

Larry

Where did you tap into the power for the dash lights w/Dimmer? I am doing an install on the A-pilliar.

Nice install.

Thanks.

-Brett

Phil's on a road trip for a while and I don't think he'll have 'net access. You might leave him a PM.

DougM

Thanks Doug.

Figured it out anyway.

I am planning on doing a writeup on the water temp a-pilliar install, as it is very easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom