Gauge of Wire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I am currently wiring up BMW seats into a 90 FJ62. Was wondering if anyone had any advice on what gauge of wire to use and whether or not I need a inline fuse? I am using BMW switches. I have a inline fuse from power source to the seats.

Cheers
jimi

If they’re heated seats, 10 or 12 AWG.
If it’s just electric lumbar support actuated by little motors inside, 16 AWG should be fine (or 14 AWG)

12v wiring size is pretty much determined by the amount of amps and the length of the wire. Figure out what the factory BMW fuse size was and go from there.

Here's a really good and detailed guided on wiring and fuses from Blue Sea Systems, based off of the USCG boating wiring requirements/standards.
1644330852270.png

why exactly are you installing BMW seats in a FJ62 in the first place ? 🤔
Different strokes for different folks Matt, not everyone wants a completely OEM vehicle, some do.

12v wiring size is pretty much determined by the amount of amps and the length of the wire. Figure out what the factory BMW fuse size was and go from there.

Here's a really good and detailed guided on wiring and fuses from Blue Sea Systems, based off of the USCG boating wiring requirements/standards.
View attachment 2918271

Different strokes for different folks Matt, not everyone wants a completely OEM vehicle, some do.

it was simply a curiosity question ?

not a comment in any way

i was intrigued about how they might bolt up to the OEM 4 captured net in the floor pan ?

im looking for updated OEM Toyota seats from a totally different TOYOTA vehicle modle then
SUPER HILUX entirely below ?

made in JAPAN TOYOTA seats are built entirely different then any USA spec. TOYOTA ones made here ...

i don't want heaters

i don't want Leather at all either

i desire JIS fully Adjustable Full on CLOTH fully adjustable types

051A3EEF-04B3-4727-BD8B-927D05B4F196.jpeg
0E9AE8F5-064A-472D-8B49-F6C7485CE57E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom