Gauge Cluster LED Conversion Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Converted all interior lights to LED. I love the brightness and overall aesthetics of the change. I got em all too. Here's the issue. ONE light is having an "always on" issue. My CDL light on the instrument cluster is dimly lit all the time. I know it is a bulb/wattage/current issue because it works flawlessly with the incan stock bulb. Also gets WAY brighter when I hit the CDL switch. If it helps...'94 with a CDL and P7 Mod.

Help!?

Interesting because I have the opposite issue, my CDL light stopped working when i went led even when I went back to original bulbs for the CDL but the lockers are definitely engaging. I was thinking maybe there was a quirk with the CDL lights something to do with the triple locked lights which I don't have and should be blank, I think I put bulbs in them anyway.

Are you triple locked?

Interesting because I have the opposite issue, my CDL light stopped working when i went led even when I went back to original bulbs for the CDL but the lockers are definitely engaging. I was thinking maybe there was a quirk with the CDL lights something to do with the triple locked lights which I don't have and should be blank, I think I put bulbs in them anyway.

Are you triple locked?
I am not and those sockets are empty. Try removing those for sure.

I did the LED conversion myself. I think they work well on the HVAC controls but NOT on the gauge cluster. Going back to Incandescent ASAP. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom