Gas pump continually stops while fueling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DasKeyserSoze

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an issue where it takes forever to fuel the 200 up because the station pump constantly "clicks off" unless I fill at a snail's pace. I had hoped this one just resolve itself after getting an LRA tank, but it hasn't. What's strange is that the issue doesn't present itself filling the LRA aux tank...only the main/stock tank. Anyone had/have a similar experience and/or advice?

See my post about this in the 100 section. I had continual issues about this until we figured out was the filler from the hardline to the tank.

I’m starting to experience that in mine too. Could it be the hose that goes into that charcoal canister too? In some vehicles they r known to get blocked. I’m not too familiar with the whole system so someone might want to correct me on that.

I have problems at one gas station in particular, presumably their pumps flow faster. Anyone have a part number for the equivalent hose (from the 100 series thread) for the 200?

Probably sounds funny but every once in a while I end up with what seems like a finicky pump with the 200. When I do, I find that lifting up on the pump handle to keep the nozzle more vertical than horizontal helps. Luckily it’s not a frequent problem though...

I have an issue where it takes forever to fuel the 200 up because the station pump constantly "clicks off" unless I fill at a snail's pace. I had hoped this one just resolve itself after getting an LRA tank, but it hasn't. What's strange is that the issue doesn't present itself filling the LRA aux tank...only the main/stock tank. Anyone had/have a similar experience and/or advice?

All about pump sensitivity...but there are things you can do to help:
What you can is make sure the nozzle points *directly down into the tube*...and NOT angled toward the side of it internally. This makes a huge difference.

On the other hand...some pumps are just over-sensitive. Try another...but always do the point thing...

Probably sounds funny but every once in a while I end up with what seems like a finicky pump with the 200. When I do, I find that lifting up on the pump handle to keep the nozzle more vertical than horizontal helps. Luckily it’s not a frequent problem though...

That's funny. I assume its the pump itself. I have to do the exact same thing at my regular gas station for any vehicle I gas up there? Most other stations never a problem. If it does happen I just lift up on the pump handle.

@cboyd - This the one you're talking about?

yes, that's the one - not saying that's the issue here, but a lot of us went through pain and suffering until that fix got identified on the 100. it was found during investigation on a similar issue in the GX, so would go to say it might be a problem across the Toyota LC family design/ supply chain.

I have the same issue with mine. Aux tank is not a problem. Oem tank is pain in ass to fill, it looks like the hole is too far down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom