Gas door problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New 200 owner here. Having issues with the gas door. Sometimes works and sometimes doesn't . This is very frustrating for my wife with 2 kids and pregnant. Is there anything I can do here or has anyone else experienced problems. Thanks in advance

Maybe the cable is stretched out? You think carefully filing down the little knob in the gas port (that catches the latch) would work?

Might allow less effort and pull to open. Just throwing that idea out there.

It may, the little piece does have adjustment in it but have tried to loosen and tighten with no luck. Good point though have you had issues with this?

I havent. Just saying what I might do if it were mine.

I haven't had an issue, but if its a cable actuated system like an older bicycle brake - then perhaps some lubrication at the end of the cable (gas port side) could help? Probably can't hurt!

Spraying lithium grease shouldn't hurt either, local service center were in love with that stuff . Every single service they would spray into every hinge, door lock and any other place they could. They even did it to my spare wheel carrier.

The little piece on the inside that pushes the door open fell off on mine. I have it gorilla taped in in order for the door to open.

Here's the picture
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1439126517.336210.jpg

I haven't a clue. Doesn't even look replaceable, almost thinking you need an entire gas door. That's why mine is gorilla taped in.

I think this is the part no for that piece: 77360-35040
Online it seems to be a > $5 part

Screenshot_2015-08-18-12-57-26.png

Toyodiy --> body --> fuel tank and tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom