Builds FZJ80 + Taco 6 speed + Orion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The torch is passed......to the strongest runner in this race classification, as evidenced in this thread.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Credit for the bell housing is really due @joekatana , who acquired it on my behalf, for this very purpose.

I'm just the idiot that doesn'tknow when to take 'no' for an answer, when to stop beating the bloated, dead horse, or when to merely glance down the rabbit hole, instead of diving in headfirst.

About to go down this road. Lol can't believe this thread went on for 8 years. May I ask why you have to make the fly wheel that thick? And the Orion is just personal choice or it was for some other purposes?

Yes, in order to adapt the 6 speed, I cut the flange off the A440f bell housing and welded it to 6er. This allowed it to bolt up, but pushed the trans, and thus the input shaft, rearward 1". There may be additional info about somewhere in thread.

The t case was chosen for the ratio, gear whine, and coolness.

I've been debating prototyping the 1FZ to H55f from a chunk of billet... I'll talk to guys at the machine shop next week.

@bjowett I need some measurement if you still have them documented somewhere. So I decided to adapt an NV4500 using the A440F bellhousing. Got that design done and now I need to make the flywheel but really dont want to take it apart just to measure since I do drive it around. Do you have the distance from the crankshaft face (where flywheel is bolted) to the bellhousing to engine plane? I'm trying to figure out how thick my flywheel has to be. Thanks in advance!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom